The No. 6 seed North Carolina Tar Heels (16-9) and the No. 11 seed Notre Dame Fighting Irish (11-14) square off in the ACC Tournament quarterfinals Wednesday at Greensboro Coliseum, beginning at 9:00 PM ET on ACCN. North Carolina is favored by 6.5 points. Both teams are looking to take another step toward a conference title and an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 10 of 25 outings (40%) this season, the Tar Heels and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s point total of 149.5 points.
- Notre Dame has combined with its opponents to score at least 149.5 points in 10 of 25 opportunities (40%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 1.5 fewer points per game (148) than this matchup’s total of 149.5 points.
- The Tar Heels and the Fighting Irish have seen their opponents average a combined 6.5 fewer points per game than the over/under of 149.5 set for this game.
- The average point total in Tar Heels games this season is 5.0 less points than the total of 149.5 in this matchup.
- Fighting Irish games this year have averaged a total of 146.5 points, 3.0 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.8 points the Tar Heels score per game are just 1.5 more points than the Fighting Irish give up (73.3).
- North Carolina is 11-0 against the spread and 12-3 overall when scoring more than 73.3 points.
- Notre Dame is 2-10 overall and 3-9 against the spread when giving up more than 74.8 points.
- The Fighting Irish put up an average of 73.2 points per game, only 3.5 more points than the 69.7 the Tar Heels give up.
- When it scores more than 69.7 points, Notre Dame is 9-0 against the spread and 10-5 overall.
- North Carolina is 3-4 against the spread and 3-4 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 73.2 points.
- The Tar Heels have put up a total of 129 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 5.1 per game), while the Fighting Irish have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by one total point, -0.1 per game).
North Carolina Betting Information
- The Tar Heels have struggled somewhat against the spread this year, posting an 11-13-1 record.
- When favored by at least 6.5 points, the Tar Heels have struggled to a 3-4 record ATS this season.
- North Carolina has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 11 times in 25 contests (44%).
Notre Dame Betting Information
- The Fighting Irish have a losing record against the spread, going 11-14 ATS (covering just 44% of the time).
- The Fighting Irish have not fared well as a 6.5-point underdog, going 1-4 against the spread when they are at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Notre Dame’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (13 out of 25 games, 52%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2021||North Carolina||-10||146.5||-594||+420||Regular Season||66-65 UNC|
|2/17/2020||Notre Dame||-4.5||150||-202||+163||Regular Season||77-76 ND|
|11/6/2019||North Carolina||-9||145||-493||+364||Regular Season||76-65 UNC|
|1/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-69 UNC|
North Carolina Leaders
- Armando Bacot leads the Tar Heels in scoring, tallying 11.8 points per game to go with 7.6 rebounds and 0.8 assists.
- Day’Ron Sharpe leads the Tar Heels in rebounding, averaging 7.8 per game, while Caleb Love leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.8 in each contest.
- Kerwin Walton provides the bulk of the Tar Heels’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.0 threes per game to pace the team.
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black and Sharpe lead North Carolina on the defensive end, with Black leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Sharpe in blocks averaging 0.9 per contest.
Notre Dame Leaders
- The Fighting Irish’s Prentiss Hubb averages enough points (14.6 per game) and assists (6.0 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- The Fighting Irish’s top rebounder is Nate Laszewski — he grabs 7.4 per game while scoring 13.3 points per game.
- Walton paces his teammates on the Fighting Irish with 2.5 made threes per outing.
- Notre Dame’s leader in steals is Cormac Ryan (1.0 per game), and its leader in blocks is Juwan Durham (1.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED