The North Carolina Tar Heels (10-5) hit the road in ACC play against the Pittsburgh Panthers (8-3) on Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Tar Heels are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 145 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pittsburgh (+2.5)||Under (145)||Pittsburgh 72 North Carolina 71|
- The Tar Heels and their opponents have scored at least 145 points — this matchup’s point total — in six of 15 outings (40%) this year.
- In six of 11 outings (54.5%) this year, Pittsburgh has combined with its opponents to score at least 145 points.
- The two teams average a combined 3.8 more points per game (148.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 145 points.
- The Tar Heels and the Panthers have seen their opponents average a combined 7.8 fewer points per game than the over/under of 145 set for this matchup.
- The Tar Heels average point total in matchups this year is 144.7, 0.3 points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under in Panthers games this season is 3.7 less points than the point total of 145 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Tar Heels put up 74.5 points per game, 7.5 more points than the 67 the Panthers allow.
- North Carolina has a 5-0-1 record against the spread and a 9-5 record overall when putting up more than 67 points.
- Pittsburgh is 1-2 overall and 1-2 against the spread in games when it gives up more than 74.5 points.
- The Panthers’ 74.3 points per game are just 4.1 more points than the 70.2 the Tar Heels give up to opponents.
- Pittsburgh has gone 5-1 overall and 4-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 70.2 points.
- North Carolina is 2-3 against the spread and 2-3 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 74.3 points.
- The Tar Heels have out-scored their opponents by a total of 64 points this season (4.3 points per game on average), and the Panthers have put up 80 more points than their opponents on the year (7.3 per game).
North Carolina Betting Information
- The Tar Heels have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 5-9-1 record.
- The Tar Heels have posted an even record of 5-5-1 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or higher.
- North Carolina has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 6 times in 15 contests (40%).
Pittsburgh Betting Information
- The Panthers have a 7-4 record against the spread, covering in 63.6% of their games.
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Panthers have gone 3-3 against the spread.
- The Panthers and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 6 of 11 (54.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/18/2020||Pittsburgh||-4||136||-191||+152||Regular Season||66-52 PITT|
|1/8/2020||North Carolina||-4.5||138||-204||+165||Regular Season||73-65 PITT|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-60 UNC|
North Carolina Leaders
- Armando Bacot leads the Tar Heels in scoring, tallying 12.1 points per game to go with 7.7 rebounds and 0.7 assists.
- North Carolina’s leading rebounder is Day’Ron Sharpe averaging 7.7 boards per game and its best passer is Caleb Love and his 3.1 assists per game.
- Kerwin Walton connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Tar Heels, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 1.5 per game.
- The North Carolina steals leader is Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black, who averages 1.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Garrison Brooks, who compiles 1.0 block per contest.
- Justin Champagnie holds the top spot on the Panthers leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 19.9 points and 12.4 rebounds per game.
- Xavier Johnson’s assist statline paces Pittsburgh; he racks up 6.3 assists per game.
- Ithiel Horton is the most prolific from deep for the Panthers, hitting 1.8 threes per game.
- Champagnie’s steals (1.6 steals per game) and blocks (1.4 blocks per game) lead Pittsburgh on defense.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED