The North Carolina Tar Heels (7-4) are favored (by 3.5 points) to continue a three-game home winning streak when they host the Syracuse Orange (7-2) on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 143.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Syracuse (+3.5)||Over (143.5)||North Carolina 73 Syracuse 71|
- In 18.2% of their opportunities this season (two of 11 chances), the Tar Heels and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 143.5 points.
- Syracuse has played in four games this season (out of nine total matchups — 44.4% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 143.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 152.3 points per game, 8.8 more points than the total of 143.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 135.3 points per game, 8.2 fewer than the point total for this matchup.
- The average total the Tar Heels have had set in games this season is 3.3 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Orange games this year is 3.9 more points than the point total of 143.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 72.3 points per game the Tar Heels score are just 4.9 more points than the Orange allow (67.4).
- North Carolina is 4-2 overall and 3-0 against the spread when scoring more than 67.4 points.
- Syracuse is 1-2 against the spread and 2-1 overall when giving up more than 72.3 points.
- The Orange’s 80 points per game are 12.1 more points than the 67.9 the Tar Heels allow to opponents.
- Syracuse has put together a 3-0 ATS record and a 6-1 overall record in games it scores more than 67.9 points.
- North Carolina is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 80 points.
- The Tar Heels have totaled 48 more points than their opponents this season (4.4 per game on average), and the Orange have scored 113 more points than their opponents (12.6 per game).
North Carolina Betting Information
- The Tar Heels have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 3-7-1 record.
- The Tar Heels have struggled to cover, going just 2-4-1 ATS when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- North Carolina and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 2 of 11 games this season (18.2%).
Syracuse Betting Information
- Syracuse has a losing record against the spread, going 3-5 ATS (covering only 37.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Orange have a record ATS of 3-4.
- Syracuse has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 50% of matchups this season (4 out of 8 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/11/2020||North Carolina||-3||150.5||-156||+129||Conference Tournament||81-53 SYRA|
|2/29/2020||Syracuse||-4.5||147.5||-207||+164||Regular Season||92-79 UNC|
|2/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||93-85 UNC|
North Carolina Leaders
- Armando Bacot leads the Tar Heels in scoring, tallying 11.1 points per game to go with 7.6 rebounds and 0.3 assists.
- Day’Ron Sharpe is the Tar Heels leading rebounder, pulling down 8.2 per game, while Caleb Love is their best passer, distributing 3.5 assists in each contest.
- The Tar Heels get the most three-point shooting production out of Kerwin Walton, who knocks down 1.4 threes per game.
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black is North Carolina’s leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Sharpe leads them in blocks with 1.0 per contest.
- The Orange’s leader in scoring and rebounding is Quincy Guerrier with 15.7 points and 9.2 rebounds per game.
- Syracuse’s assist leader is Joseph Girard III with 4.6 per game. He also averages 11.6 points per game and grabs 3.3 rebounds per game.
- Girard’s 2.4 made threes per game lead the Orange.
- Kadary Richmond’s stat line of 2.2 steals and 0.9 blocks per game put him at the top of the team’s steals and blocks leaderboards.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found