The Rice Owls (10-6) are 7-point underdogs as they look to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the North Texas Mean Green (7-5) on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at Tudor Fieldhouse. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has a point total of 135.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Rice (+7)||Over (135)||North Texas 72 Rice 69|
- In seven of 12 outings (58.3%) this year, the Mean Green and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 135 points.
- Rice has combined with its opponents to score at least 135 points in 12 of 16 games (75%) this season.
- The Mean Green and the Owls combine to average 17.4 more points per game than the over/under of 135 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.2 more points per game (135.2) than this game’s over/under of 135 points.
- The average over/under the Mean Green have had set in games this season is two more points than this outing’s point total.
- Owls games this season have averaged an over/under of 150.6 points, 15.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mean Green average just 1.8 more points per game (74.2) than the Owls give up (72.4).
- When North Texas puts up more than 72.4 points, it is 5-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
- Rice has a 1-5 record against the spread and a 2-4 record overall when giving up more than 74.2 points.
- The Owls score an average of 78.2 points per game, 15.4 more points than the 62.8 the Mean Green allow.
- When it scores more than 62.8 points, Rice is 7-0 against the spread and 10-4 overall.
- North Texas’ record is 0-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread when it gives up more than 78.2 points to its opponents.
- The Mean Green have totaled 138 more points than their opponents this season (11.4 per game on average), and the Owls have scored 94 more points than their opponents (5.8 per game).
North Texas Betting Information
- Against the spread, North Texas has been strong this season, posting a 7-3 record.
- The Mean Green fare well when favored by at least 7 points, posting a 4-0 record against the spread.
- The Mean Green have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 50% of their games this season (5 of 10 contests).
Rice Betting Information
- The Owls have a winning record against the spread, going 7-5-1 ATS (covering 53.8% of the time).
- The Owls have fared well as a 7-point underdog, going 2-1 against the spread when they are at least 7-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Owls games this season, the teams have not hit the over (5 out of 13 games, 38.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-75 RICE|
|1/20/2020||North Texas||-13.5||137.5||-1280||+723||Regular Season||79-59 NTX|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-75 NTX|
|12/29/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||103-87 NTX|
North Texas Leaders
- The Mean Green leader in points and assists is Javion Hamlet, who puts up 12.8 points per game along with 5.2 assists.
- Zachary Simmons is North Texas’ best rebounder, pulling down an average of 6.1 boards in each contest while scoring 10.0 points per game.
- James Reese leads the Mean Green in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.0 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Reese is the Mean Green leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Thomas Bell leads them in blocks with 1.3 per contest.
- Max Fiedler has tallied 9.4 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Owls leaderboards in those stat categories.
- Rice’s Quincy Olivari puts up 16.1 points, 4.6 rebounds and 0.8 assists per game, making him the top scorer on the squad.
- Travis Evee is dependable from distance and leads the Owls with 3.4 made threes per game.
- Evee (1.4 steals per game) is the steal leader for Rice while Fiedler (0.7 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED