The Rice Owls (10-6) are expected to extend a three-game losing streak when they host the North Texas Mean Green (7-5) as 7-point underdogs at 3:00 PM ET on Friday, January 29, 2021 at Tudor Fieldhouse. The matchup airs on ESPN+. The matchup has a point total of 135.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Mean Green and their opponents have combined to record more than 135.5 points in 58.3% of their games this season (seven of 12 opportunities).
- Rice has played in 11 games this year (out of 16 total matchups — 68.8% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 135.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 16.9 more points per game (152.4) than this game’s total of 135.5 points.
- The Mean Green and the Owls have seen their opponents average a combined 0.3 fewer points per game than the point total of 135.5 set in this matchup.
- The Mean Green average point total in outings this year is 137, 1.5 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under for Owls games this year is 15.1 more points than the point total of 135.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.2 points the Mean Green average per game are just 1.8 more points than the Owls allow (72.4).
- North Texas has a 6-0 record overall and a 5-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 72.4 points.
- Rice is 2-4 overall and 1-5 against the spread when allowing more than 74.2 points.
- The Owls score 15.4 more points per game (78.2) than the Mean Green give up (62.8).
- Rice has put together a 10-4 overall record and a 7-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 62.8 points.
- North Texas has a 0-0 record overall and an ATS record of 0-0 in games when its opponents score more than 78.2 points.
- The Mean Green have out-scored their opponents by a total of 138 points this season (11.4 points per game on average), and the Owls have put up 94 more points than their opponents on the year (5.8 per game).
North Texas Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Mean Green have covered seven times in 10 contests.
- When favored by at least 7 points, the Mean Green have fared well against the spread, compiling a 4-0 record.
- The Mean Green have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 50% of their games this season (5 of 10 contests).
Rice Betting Information
- The Owls have a 7-5-1 record against the spread, covering in 53.8% of their games.
- When they are at least 7-point underdogs, the Owls have a record ATS of 2-1.
- In most of Owls games this year, the teams have not hit the over (5 out of 13 games, 38.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-75 RICE|
|1/20/2020||North Texas||-13.5||137.5||-1280||+723||Regular Season||79-59 NTX|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-75 NTX|
|12/29/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||103-87 NTX|
North Texas Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Mean Green is Javion Hamlet, who scores 12.8 points and distributes 5.2 assists per game.
- North Texas’ best rebounder is Zachary Simmons, who averages 6.1 boards per game in addition to his 10.0 PPG average.
- James Reese makes more threes per game than any other member of the Mean Green, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.0 per contest.
- Reese and Thomas Bell lead the Mean Green on the defensive end, with Reese leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Bell in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
- Max Fiedler racks up 9.4 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game, placing him atop the Owls’ rebound and assists leaderboards.
- Quincy Olivari’s stat line of 16.1 points, 4.6 rebounds and 0.8 assists per game put him at the top of the Owls scoring leaderboard.
- Travis Evee provides the bulk of the Owls’ three-point shooting production. He hits 3.4 threes per game to pace the squad.
- The Owls’ leader in steals is Evee with 1.4 per game, and Fiedler is their leader in blocks with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED