The North Texas Mean Green (8-5) are big, 11.5-point favorites as they look to build on a three-game winning streak when they host the Rice Owls (10-7) on Sunday, January 31, 2021 at UNT Coliseum. The contest airs at 4:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under of 139 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Rice (+11.5)||Over (139)||North Texas 75 Rice 66|
- The Mean Green and their opponents have combined to record more than 139 points in 53.8% of their games this year (seven of 13 opportunities).
- Rice and its opponents have combined to score at least 139 points in 70.6% of their matchups this year (12 of 17 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 13.6 more points per game (152.6) than this game’s over/under of 139 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.6 less points per game (136.4) than this matchup’s over/under of 139 points.
- The Mean Green average point total in outings this season is 138.2, 0.8 points less than the over/under in this game.
- Owls games this season have averaged a total of 150.8 points, 11.8 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mean Green score just 1.8 more points per game (74.6) than the Owls allow (72.8).
- North Texas is 7-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread when scoring more than 72.8 points.
- Rice has compiled a 2-5 record against the spread and a 2-5 record overall in games when it allows more than 74.6 points.
- The Owls put up 14.4 more points per game (78) than the Mean Green allow their opponents to score (63.6).
- In games when it scores more than 63.6 points, Rice is 8-0 against the spread and 10-5 overall.
- North Texas’ record is 0-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall when it gives up more than 78 points.
- The Mean Green have out-scored their opponents by a total of 143 points this season (11.0 points per game on average), and the Owls have put up 89 more points than their opponents on the year (5.2 per game).
North Texas Betting Information
- North Texas has been good against the spread, going 7-4 this season.
- The Mean Green have posted a winning record of 3-0 against the spread when the spread is -11.5 or higher.
- The Mean Green and their opponents have gone over the total in 6 of 11 games (54.5%) this season.
Rice Betting Information
- Rice has a winning record against the spread, going 8-5-1 ATS (covering 57.1% of the time).
- When they are at least 11.5-point underdogs, the Owls have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- Rice has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 42.9% of matchups this season (6 out of 14 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/29/2021||North Texas||-7.5||137||-320||+250||Regular Season||79-74 NTX|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-75 RICE|
|1/20/2020||North Texas||-13.5||137.5||-1280||+723||Regular Season||79-59 NTX|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-75 NTX|
|12/29/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||103-87 NTX|
North Texas Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Mean Green is Javion Hamlet, who scores 14.1 points and dishes out 5.1 assists per game.
- Zachary Simmons leads the Mean Green in rebounding, grabbing 6.2 boards per game while also scoring 10.5 points a contest.
- James Reese leads the Mean Green in three-point shooting with an average of 2.0 made threes per game.
- Reese is North Texas’ leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Thomas Bell leads them in blocks with 1.2 per contest.
- Max Fiedler has averaged 9.4 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game, putting him atop the Owls leaderboards in those categories.
- Travis Evee puts up 15.9 points per game to sit atop the Owls scoring leaderboard.
- Evee contributes the bulk of the Owls’ three-point shooting production. He hits 3.4 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Owls’ leader in steals is Evee with 1.3 per game, and Fiedler is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends