The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (7-12) will try to end a six-game losing streak when they host the North Texas Mean Green (10-6) on Friday, February 12, 2021 at Reed Green Coliseum as 8.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The point total for the matchup is set at 126.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pick Em||Over (126.5)||North Texas 70 Southern Miss 62|
- The Mean Green and their opponents have scored no less than 126.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 11 of 16 games (68.8%) this year.
- Southern Miss and its opponents have combined to score at least 126.5 points in 14 of 19 games (73.7%) this year.
- These teams average a combined 138.2 points per game, 11.7 more points than the over/under of 126.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.5 more points per game (129) than this matchup’s over/under of 126.5 points.
- The average total the Mean Green have had set in games this season is 9.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Golden Eagles games this season have averaged a total of 131.4 points, 4.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mean Green score 6.8 more points per game (73.1) than the Golden Eagles allow (66.3).
- North Texas has a 6-0 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall when putting up more than 66.3 points.
- Southern Miss has a 1-5 record against the spread and a 0-6 record overall when giving up more than 73.1 points.
- The Golden Eagles’ 65.1 points per game are only 2.4 more points than the 62.7 the Mean Green allow.
- Southern Miss has compiled a 6-5 overall record and a 5-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 62.7 points.
- North Texas has an ATS record of 1-4 and a 3-4 record overall when its opponents score more than 65.1 points.
- The Mean Green have out-scored their opponents by a total of 166 points this season (10.4 points per game on average), and opponents of the Golden Eagles have out-scored them by 23 more points on the year (1.2 per game).
North Texas Betting Information
- North Texas has been good against the spread this season, posting an 8-6 record.
- The Mean Green fare well when favored by at least 8.5 points, posting a 4-0 record against the spread.
- The Mean Green have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 6 of 14 contests this season, a rate of 42.9%
Southern Miss Betting Information
- The Golden Eagles have a 9-8 record against the spread, covering in 52.9% of their contests.
- In most of Southern Miss’ games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (9 out of 17 games, 52.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/16/2020||North Texas||-6||128||-278||+220||Regular Season||72-52 NTX|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-62 NTX|
North Texas Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Mean Green is Javion Hamlet, who scores 12.9 points and dishes out 4.4 assists per game.
- Zachary Simmons is the Mean Green best rebounder, hauling in an average of 6.2 boards in each contest while scoring 10.2 points per game.
- James Reese leads the Mean Green in three-point shooting with an average of 2.0 threes per game.
- Reese is the Mean Green leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Thomas Bell leads them in blocks with 1.0 per contest.
Southern Miss Leaders
- Tyler Stevenson collects 14.7 points and 7.4 rebounds per game for the Golden Eagles, enough to make him the top scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- The Golden Eagles’ top assist machine is Tae Hardy with a stat line of 2.8 assists, 10.6 points, and 2.2 rebounds per game.
- LaDavius Draine leads his teammates on the Golden Eagles with 1.8 made threes per contest.
- Hardy (1.3 steals per game) and DeAndre Pinckney (0.6 blocks per game) lead the Golden Eagles in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends