The North Texas Mean Green (13-7) host the UAB Blazers (19-6) as 6-point favorites after Javion Hamlet went off for 28 points in the Mean Green 73-72 loss to Marshall. The game airs on ESPN+ at 8:00 PM ET on Friday, March 5, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 126.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 65% of their opportunities this year (13 of 20 chances), the Mean Green and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s point total of 126.5 points.
- In 16 of 25 opportunities (64%) this year, UAB and its opponents have combined to score at least 126.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 146.3 points per game, 19.8 more points than the over/under of 126.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.7 less points per game (122.8) than this game’s over/under of 126.5 points.
- The Mean Green average point total in outings this year is 134.8, 8.3 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total for Blazers games this year is 7.7 more points than the point total of 126.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mean Green average 12.1 more points per game (72.6) than the Blazers allow (60.5).
- North Texas is 12-4 overall and 11-0 against the spread when scoring more than 60.5 points.
- UAB has recorded a 1-1 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall in games when it gives up more than 72.6 points.
- The Blazers score an average of 73.7 points per game, 11.4 more points than the 62.3 the Mean Green allow to opponents.
- UAB is 17-3 overall and 12-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 62.3 points.
- North Texas has an ATS record of 0-2 and a 2-1 record overall when its opponents score more than 73.7 points.
- The Mean Green have out-scored their opponents by a total of 205 points this season (10.3 points per game on average), and the Blazers have put up 330 more points than their opponents on the year (13.2 per game).
North Texas Betting Information
- North Texas is solid against the spread, going 12-6 this season.
- The Mean Green have posted a winning record of 8-1 against the spread when the spread is -6 or bigger.
- The Mean Green have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 7 of 18 contests this season, a rate of 38.9%
UAB Betting Information
- The Blazers have a winning record against the spread, going 13-9 ATS (covering 59.1% of the time).
- The Blazers have fared well as a 6-point underdog, going 10-5 against the spread when they are at least 6-point underdogs.
- UAB and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 8 of 22 (36.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||North Texas||-4||126.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-64 NTX|
|1/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||52-49 UAB|
North Texas Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Mean Green is Hamlet, who scores 14.0 points and distributes 4.0 assists per game.
- Zachary Simmons leads the Mean Green in rebounding, grabbing 6.2 boards per game while also scoring 10.3 points a contest.
- James Reese paces his teammates on the Mean Green with 2.1 made threes per outing.
- Reese is the Mean Green leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Thomas Bell leads them in blocks with 1.0 per contest.
- Michael Ertel averages 12.3 points per game and is the top scorer for the Blazers.
- The Blazers’ leader in rebounds is Trey Jemison with 7.1 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Tavin Lovan with 2.3 per game.
- Jalen Benjamin averages 2.1 three-pointers per game, the most on the Blazers.
- UAB’s leader in steals is Quan Jackson (2.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Jemison (2.2 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED