DJ Horne leads the Illinois State Redbirds (7-17) into a matchup with the Northern Iowa Panthers (9-15) after scoring 34 points in a 94-87 loss to Northern Iowa. The Panthers are 6-point favorites in the game on Thursday, March 4, 2021, which tips at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 141.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Illinois State (+6)||Over (141.5)||Northern Iowa 71 Illinois State 70|
- In 37.5% of their opportunities this season (nine of 24 chances), the Panthers and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 141.5 points.
- In 11 of 24 outings (45.8%) this season, Illinois State and its opponents have combined to score at least 141.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 0.7 more points per game (142.2) than this matchup’s total of 141.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.3 more points per game (146.8) than this game’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- The average total the Panthers have had set in games this year is 0.2 less points than this outing’s point total.
- Redbirds games this season have averaged a total of 147.7 points, 6.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 69.7 points per game the Panthers score are 5.5 fewer points than the Redbirds allow (75.2).
- Northern Iowa is 3-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall when scoring more than 75.2 points.
- Illinois State is 3-14 overall and 5-11 against the spread in games when it allows more than 69.7 points.
- The Redbirds score an average of 72.5 points per game, just 0.9 more points than the 71.6 the Panthers give up.
- When it scores more than 71.6 points, Illinois State is 6-0 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Northern Iowa’s record is 2-8 against the spread and 2-8 overall when it gives up more than 72.5 points.
- The Panthers have a -46-point scoring differential on the season (-1.9 per game). The Redbirds have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-66 total points, -2.7 per game).
Northern Iowa Betting Information
- Northern Iowa has struggled against the spread, going 6-16 on the year.
- The Panthers have posted a losing record of 1-3 against the spread when the spread is -6 or higher.
- Northern Iowa and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 10 of 22 games this season (45.5%).
Illinois State Betting Information
- The Redbirds have a 9-14 record against the spread, covering in just 39.1% of their contests.
- When they are at least 6-point underdogs, the Redbirds have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- The Redbirds and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 12 of 23 (52.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/27/2021||Northern Iowa||-4||140||-187||+154||Regular Season||94-87 NIOWA|
|2/26/2021||Northern Iowa||-3.5||142.5||-176||+141||Regular Season||70-56 NIOWA|
|2/12/2020||Northern Iowa||-13.5||140.5||-1275||+744||Regular Season||71-63 NIOWA|
|12/31/2019||Northern Iowa||-5.5||134||-253||+203||Regular Season||76-70 ILLST|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-64 NIOWA|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-69 ILLST|
Northern Iowa Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Panthers is Trae Berhow, who scores 13.2 points and dishes out 3.1 assists per game.
- Austin Phyfe leads the Panthers in rebounding, grabbing 7.3 boards per game while also scoring 12.0 points a contest.
- The Panthers get the most three-point shooting production out of Berhow, who makes 2.0 threes per game.
- Nate Heise is Northern Iowa’s leader in steals and blocks, racking up 1.2 steals and 0.7 blocks per game.
Illinois State Leaders
- Horne averages 15.3 points per game and is the top scorer for the Redbirds.
- Dusan Mahorcic puts up a stat line of 7.2 rebounds, 9.6 points and 1.1 assists per game for Illinois State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Howard Fleming Jr. has the top spot for assists with 2.8 per game, adding 3.8 points and 4.6 rebounds per contest.
- Horne hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Redbirds, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.6 per outing.
- Illinois State’s leader in steals is Horne (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Abdou Ndiaye (1.5 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED