The Southern Illinois Salukis (6-2) are just 1-point underdogs as they attempt to continue a four-game home winning streak when they square off against the Northern Iowa Panthers (3-7) on Saturday, January 30, 2021 at SIU Arena. The game airs at 4:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 142.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern Illinois (+1)||Under (142)||Southern Illinois 73 Northern Iowa 69|
- The Panthers and their opponents have combined for 142 points — this matchup’s point total — in six of 10 opportunities (60%) this year.
- Southern Illinois has combined with its opponents to score more than 142 points in four of eight opportunities (50%) this year.
- The Panthers and the Salukis combine to average 5.1 more points per game than the over/under of 142 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 140.5 points per game, 1.5 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- The Panthers average point total in matchups this year is 145.1, 3.1 points higher than the total in this game.
- Salukis games this year have averaged an over/under of 142.5 points, 0.5 more than the point total in this matchup.
Northern Iowa Betting Information
- Northern Iowa has struggled against the spread, going 1-7 on the year.
- The Panthers have posted a losing record of 1-2 against the spread when the spread is -1 or higher.
- More often than not, Northern Iowa and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 5 of 8 chances this season.
Southern Illinois Betting Information
- Southern Illinois has a winning record against the spread, going 5-1-1 ATS (covering 71.4% of the time).
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Salukis have fared well, going 2-0-1 against the spread.
- Southern Illinois has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 57.1% of matchups this season (4 out of 7 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/23/2020||Northern Iowa||-10.5||128.5||-685||+471||Regular Season||64-52 NIOWA|
|1/22/2020||Northern Iowa||-5.5||126.5||-251||+196||Regular Season||68-66 SILL|
|1/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-62 SILL|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||58-51 SILL|
Northern Iowa Leaders
- Trae Berhow leads the Panthers in points and assists per game, scoring 12.7 points and distributing 3.4 assists.
- Austin Phyfe leads Northern Iowa in rebounding, grabbing 7.0 boards per game while also scoring 11.9 points a contest.
- Bowen Born makes more threes per game than any other member of the Panthers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.0 per contest.
- The Northern Iowa steals leader is Nate Heise, who averages 1.1 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Phyfe, who compiles 0.9 rejections per contest.
Southern Illinois Leaders
- Marcus Domask sits at the top of the Salukis scoring leaderboard with 16.3 points per game. He also grabs 4.5 rebounds and averages 3.2 assists per game.
- Southern Illinois’ leader in rebounds is Ben Harvey with 4.7 per game, and its leader in assists is Lance Jones with 3.3 per game.
- Trent Brown leads his teammates on the Salukis with 2.1 made threes per game.
- The Salukis’ leader in steals is Jones with 1.8 per game, and Domask is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends