The Northern Iowa Panthers (5-10) host the Valparaiso Crusaders (7-13) in a matchup of MVC teams at McLeod Center, beginning at 8:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 13, 2021. The Crusaders are 7-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 138.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Valparaiso (+7)||Over (138.5)||Northern Iowa 72 Valparaiso 67|
- The Panthers and their opponents have combined to put up more than 138.5 points in 53.3% of their outings this season (eight of 15 opportunities).
- Valparaiso has played in seven games this year (out of 20 total matchups — 35% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 138.5 points.
- The Panthers and the Crusaders combine to average 2.1 fewer points per game than the total of 138.5 set for this game.
- The Panthers and the Crusaders have seen their opponents average a combined 3.7 more points per game than the over/under of 138.5 set for this game.
- The average point total in Panthers games this season is 2.8 more points than the total of 138.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Crusaders games this season is 1.3 fewer points than the point total of 138.5 in this outing.
Northern Iowa Betting Information
- Northern Iowa has covered in just two of 13 matchups this season.
- Panthers games have played to the total or above 6 times in 13 games this season.
Valparaiso Betting Information
- Valparaiso has a losing record against the spread, going 6-10-1 ATS (covering just 35.3% of the time).
- When they are at least 7-point underdogs, the Crusaders have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- In most of Crusaders games this year, the teams have not hit the over (6 out of 17 games, 35.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/5/2020||Northern Iowa||-3||147.5||-161||+132||Regular Season||63-51 NIOWA|
|1/15/2020||Northern Iowa||-10.5||134.5||-666||+460||Regular Season||88-78 NIOWA|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-53 NIOWA|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-66 VALP|
Northern Iowa Leaders
- The Panthers leader in points and assists is Trae Berhow, who puts up 12.8 points per game to go with 3.4 assists.
- Austin Phyfe leads the Panthers in rebounding, pulling down 7.2 boards per game while also scoring 11.3 points a contest.
- Bowen Born leads the Panthers in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.9 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Nate Heise and Phyfe lead the Panthers on the defensive end, with Heise leading the team in steals averaging 1.2 per game and Phyfe in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
- Ben Krikke is the top scorer for the Crusaders with 12.4 points per game. He also adds 4.1 rebounds and 0.9 assists per game to his statistics.
- Donovan Clay is atop the Crusaders rebounding leaderboard with 5.7 rebounds per game, and Daniel Sackey paces the squad in assists with 4.1 per outing.
- Connor Barrett’s 1.7 made threes per game lead the Crusaders.
- Sackey (1.5 steals per game) is the steal leader for Valparaiso while Clay (1.5 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends