The Northwestern State Demons (7-12) are 4.5-point favorites as they try to extend a five-game winning streak when they host the Houston Baptist Huskies (3-12) on Monday, February 22, 2021 at Prather Coliseum. The matchup airs at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 154.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Northwestern State (-4.5)||Under (154.5)||Northwestern State 79 Houston Baptist 74|
- The Demons and their opponents have combined to put up more than 154.5 points in 36.8% of their outings this season (seven of 19 opportunities).
- In six of 15 opportunities (40%) this year, Houston Baptist has combined with its opponents to score at least 154.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 13.4 fewer points per game (141.1) than this matchup’s total of 154.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.6 more points per game (160.1) than this matchup’s total of 154.5 points.
- The average point total in Demons games this season is 5.5 fewer points than the over/under of 154.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Huskies this season is 2.2 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Northwestern State Betting Information
- Against the spread, Northwestern State has been strong this season, posting a 9-7-1 record.
- When favored by at least 4.5 points, the Demons have struggled to a 0-1 record ATS this season.
- The Demons have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 7 of 17 contests this season, a rate of 41.2%
Houston Baptist Betting Information
- Houston Baptist has covered the spread in more than half of its games, going 7-4-1 ATS.
- In the majority of Huskies games this season, the teams have not hit the over (5 out of 12 games, 41.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||93-79 NWST|
|1/5/2020||Northwestern State||-3||172||-157||+128||Regular Season||106-79 NWST|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-54 HOUBAP|
Northwestern State Leaders
- The Demons scoring leader is Trenton Massner, who averages 12.4 per contest to go with 4.4 rebounds and 2.6 assists.
- Kendal Coleman leads the Demons in rebounding, averaging 6.1 per game, while C.J. Jones leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.6 in each contest.
- Jairus Roberson contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Demons. He knocks down 2.4 threes per game.
- The Northwestern State steals leader is Massner, who averages 1.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Coleman, who compiles 1.0 block per contest.
Houston Baptist Leaders
- Pedro Castro holds the top spot on the Huskies leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 14.2 points and 7.1 rebounds per game.
- Jade Tse’s assist statline paces Houston Baptist; he dishes out 2.8 assists per game.
- Za-Ontay Boothman is the most prolific from the three-point line for the Huskies, hitting 2.1 threes per game.
- Houston Baptist’s leader in steals is Darius Lee (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Castro (1.2 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends