A pair of sliding teams hit the court when the Northwestern State Demons (1-10) visit the Houston Baptist Huskies (1-7) on Saturday, January 2, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The Demons are 3.5-point favorites as they look to stop a five-game losing streak against the Huskies, losers of three straight. The matchup’s point total is 160.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Houston Baptist (+3.5)||Under (160.5)||Northwestern State 78 Houston Baptist 75|
- In 11 of 11 opportunities (100%) this season, the Demons and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 160.5 points.
- In three of eight opportunities (37.5%) this year, Houston Baptist has combined with its opponents to score more than 160.5 points.
- The Demons and the Huskies combine to average 23.9 fewer points per game than the over/under of 160.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 167.2 points per game, 6.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The Demons average point total in outings this season is 150.3, 10.2 points less than the total in this game.
- The average total for Huskies games this season is 6.9 less points than the point total of 160.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Demons record 17 fewer points per game (67.5) than the Huskies give up (84.5).
- Northwestern State is 0-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread when scoring more than 84.5 points.
- Houston Baptist has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 0-7 record overall when allowing more than 67.5 points.
- The Huskies put up an average of 69.1 points per game, 13.6 fewer points than the 82.7 the Demons give up.
- Houston Baptist has put together a 1-0 overall record and a 0-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 82.7 points.
- Northwestern State’s record is 3-5 against the spread and 0-9 overall when it gives up more than 69.1 points.
- The Demons have a -167-point scoring differential on the season (-15.2 per game). The Huskies have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-123 total points, -15.4 per game).
Northwestern State Betting Information
- Northwestern State has covered in just four of nine matchups this season.
- The Demons have posted a losing record of 0-1 against the spread when the spread is -3.5 or bigger.
- In 5 of 9 (55.6%) contests this season, Northwestern State and its opponents have hit the total.
Houston Baptist Betting Information
- Houston Baptist has a 4-2 record against the spread, covering in 66.7% of their games.
- Houston Baptist has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 33.3% of matchups this season (2 out of 6 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||93-79 NWST|
|1/5/2020||Northwestern State||-3||172||-157||128||Regular Season||106-79 NWST|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-54 HOUBAP|
Northwestern State Leaders
- The Demons scoring leader is Jairus Roberson, who averages 11.5 per contest to go with 1.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists.
- Northwestern State’s leading rebounder is Kendal Coleman averaging 7.1 boards per game and its best passer is C.J. Jones and his 2.7 assists per game.
- Roberson’s 2.9 made threes per game lead the Demons.
- The Northwestern State steals leader is Trenton Massner, who averages 1.1 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Dalin Williams, who compiles 0.6 rejections per contest.
Houston Baptist Leaders
- Za-Ontay Boothman is at the top of the Huskies scoring leaderboard with 12.4 points per game. He also grabs 2.1 rebounds and averages 1.6 assists per game.
- Pedro Castro has a stat line of 6.8 rebounds, 12.3 points and 1.5 assists per game for Houston Baptist to take the top rebound spot on the team. Ty Dalton holds the top spot for assists with 2.3 per game, adding 7.3 points and 2.0 rebounds per contest.
- Boothman is the most prolific from deep for the Huskies, hitting 2.8 threes per game.
- Castro’s stat line of 1.1 steals and 1.1 blocks per game put him at the top of the team’s steals and blocks leaderboards.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found