The No. 12 seed Northwestern Wildcats (9-14) are favored by 2 points when they face off the No. 13 seed Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-14) in the Big Ten Tournament. The teams will look to take another step toward an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket on Wednesday at Lucas Oil Stadium beginning at 6:30 PM ET and airing on BTN.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Minnesota (+2)||Over (141.5)||Minnesota 73 Northwestern 71|
- In 11 of 23 opportunities (47.8%) this season, the Wildcats and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- Minnesota has played in 16 games this season (out of 27 total matchups — 59.3% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 141.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 3.0 more points per game (144.5) than this matchup’s total of 141.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.4 more points per game (144.9) than this game’s total of 141.5 points.
- The average point total in Wildcats games this year is 0.7 more points than the total of 141.5 in this matchup.
- Golden Gophers games this year have averaged a total of 147.2 points, 5.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 71.3 points the Wildcats average per game are only 2.7 fewer points than the Golden Gophers allow (74).
- Northwestern has a 6-2 record overall and a 4-0-1 record against the spread when putting up more than 74 points.
- Minnesota has a 3-11-1 record against the spread and a 4-11 record overall when giving up more than 71.3 points.
- The Golden Gophers score an average of 73.2 points per game, just 2.3 more points than the 70.9 the Wildcats allow.
- Minnesota is 9-0-2 against the spread and 12-4 overall when it scores more than 70.9 points.
- Northwestern has an ATS record of 2-6-1 and a 1-8 record overall when its opponents score more than 73.2 points.
- The Wildcats have totaled just 10 more points than their opponents this season (0.4 per game on average), while the Golden Gophers have been out-scored by 21 total points (0.8 per game average differential).
Northwestern Betting Information
- The Wildcats have struggled a bit against the spread this season, putting up a 9-11-1 record.
- The Wildcats have posted a losing record of 1-2 against the spread when the spread is -2 or higher.
- The Wildcats have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 9 of 21 contests this season, a rate of 42.9%
Minnesota Betting Information
- Minnesota has covered the spread in less than half of its outings, going 9-15-2 ATS.
- When they play as at least 2-point underdogs, the Golden Gophers have a record ATS of 3-5-2.
- Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 14 of 26 (53.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/25/2021||Minnesota||-5||142||-225||+180||Regular Season||67-59 NWU|
|3/11/2020||Minnesota||-8||135||-388||+295||Conference Tournament||74-57 MINN|
|2/23/2020||Minnesota||-4||132.5||-193||+157||Regular Season||83-57 MINN|
|1/5/2020||Minnesota||-12.5||135.5||-966||+589||Regular Season||77-68 MINN|
|2/28/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-50 MINN|
- The Wildcats scoring leader is Chase Audige, who averages 12.6 per contest to go with 3.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- Pete Nance is the Wildcats leading rebounder, grabbing 6.6 per game, while Boo Buie is their best passer, averaging 4.0 assists in each contest.
- Buie leads the Wildcats in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.7 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Audige is Northwestern’s leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Nance leads them in blocks with 0.7 per contest.
- Marcus Carr’s points (19.6 per game) and assists (4.9 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Golden Gophers’ leaderboards.
- Liam Robbins grabs 6.6 rebounds per game (he also scores 11.7 points per game and adds 1.1 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Minnesota rebounding leaderboard.
- Carr hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Golden Gophers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per game.
- The Golden Gophers’ leader in steals is Carr with 1.3 per game, and Robbins is their leader in blocks with 2.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED