The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (4-8) are at home in ACC action against the No. 20 Virginia Tech Hokies (11-3) on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Fighting Irish are 1.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s over/under is set at 140.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Virginia Tech (+1.5)||Over (140)||Virginia Tech 71 Notre Dame 70|
- The Fighting Irish and their opponents have combined for 140 points — this matchup’s over/under — in eight of 12 outings (66.7%) this season.
- Virginia Tech has combined with its opponents to score at least 140 points in seven of 14 games (50%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 143.8 points per game, 3.8 more points than the total of 140 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.7 fewer points per game (139.3) than this matchup’s over/under of 140 points.
- The average point total in Fighting Irish games this year is 4.2 more points than the over/under of 140 in this matchup.
- Hokies games this season have averaged a total of 138.9 points, 1.1 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Notre Dame Betting Information
- Notre Dame has struggled against the spread, going 5-7 on the year.
- The Fighting Irish have posted an even record of 1-1 against the spread when the spread is -1.5 or higher.
- Notre Dame and its foes have combined to cover the total in 6 of 12 games this season (50%).
Virginia Tech Betting Information
- Virginia Tech has a winning record against the spread, going 8-5 ATS (covering 61.5% of the time).
- When they play as at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Hokies have a record ATS of 5-4.
- Virginia Tech and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 8 of 13 (61.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/10/2021||Virginia Tech||-6.5||138.5||-287||+233||Regular Season||77-63 VTECH|
|3/7/2020||Notre Dame||-6.5||141||-287||+226||Regular Season||64-56 ND|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-59 VTECH|
|1/1/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-66 VTECH|
Notre Dame Leaders
- Nate Laszewski leads the Fighting Irish in scoring and rebounding, tallying 16.6 points and 7.8 boards per game.
- Prentiss Hubb leads the Fighting Irish in assists, averaging 5.3 per game while also scoring 14.1 points per contest.
- Hubb connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Fighting Irish, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 2.3 per game.
- The Notre Dame steals leader is Cormac Ryan, who averages 1.0 steal per game, while its blocks leader is Juwan Durham, who compiles 1.8 rejections per contest.
Virginia Tech Leaders
- Keve Aluma has the top spot on the Hokies leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 13.9 points and 7.1 rebounds per game.
- The Hokies’ leading assist machine is Wabissa Bede with a stat line of 2.6 assists, 4.6 points, and 2.1 rebounds per game.
- Jalen Cole makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Hokies, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 2.8 per outing.
- Virginia Tech’s leader in steals is Bede with 0.9 per game, and its leader in blocks is Aluma with 1.3 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED