MAC opponents square off when the Ohio Bobcats (5-3) host the Ball State Cardinals (5-5) at Convocation Center (OH), tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, January 22, 2021. The Cardinals are 4.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The point total for the matchup is set at 149.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Ball State (+4.5)||Over (149)||Ohio 76 Ball State 73|
- The Bobcats and their opponents have totaled at least 149 points — this matchup’s over/under — in four of eight outings (50%) this year.
- Ball State has played in five games this season (out of 10 total matchups — 50% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 149 points.
- The Bobcats and the Cardinals combine to average 6.5 more points per game than the total of 149 set for this game.
- The Bobcats and the Cardinals have seen their opponents average a combined 7.5 less points per game than the point total of 149 set for this game.
- The average total the Bobcats have had set in matchups this season is 3.4 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Cardinals this season is 4.4 points less than this game’s over/under.
Ohio Betting Information
- The Bobcats have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 4-3 record.
- The Bobcats fare well when favored by at least 4.5 points, posting a 2-1 record against the spread.
- The Bobcats have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 42.9% of their games this season (3 of 7 contests).
Ball State Betting Information
- The Cardinals have a losing record against the spread, going 4-6 ATS (covering only 40% of the time).
- When they are at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Cardinals have fared well, going 2-1 against the spread.
- Ball State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 80% of matchups this season (8 out of 10 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-54 BALLST|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-74 OHIO|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-52 OHIO|
- The leader in points and assists for the Bobcats is Jason Preston, who scores 18.3 points and dishes out 7.8 assists per game.
- Dwight Wilson leads the Bobcats in rebounding, grabbing 7.5 boards per game while also scoring 14.8 points a contest.
- Ben Roderick’s 3.0 made threes per game lead the Bobcats.
- The Ohio leader in both steals and blocks is Ben Vander Plas, who averages 1.6 takeaways and 0.7 rejections per game.
Ball State Leaders
- K.J. Walton averages 16.7 points per game to be the top scorer for the Cardinals.
- Miryne Thomas has a stat line of 6.0 rebounds, 8.5 points and 1.3 assists per game for Ball State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Ishmael El-Amin holds the top spot for assists with 3.4 per game, adding 14.8 points and 2.8 rebounds per matchup.
- El-Amin’s 1.8 made threes per game lead the Cardinals.
- El-Amin (2.0 steals per game) and Blake Huggins (0.8 blocks per game) pace the Cardinals in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends