The No. 5 seed Ohio Bobcats (13-7) are favored by 2 points when they play the No. 4 seed Kent State Golden Flashes (15-7) in the MAC Tournament quarterfinals. The teams will look to take another step toward an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket on Thursday at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse starting at 1:30 PM ET and airing on ESPN+.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Kent State (+2)||Over (149.5)||Ohio 76 Kent State 75|
- The Bobcats and their opponents have scored at least 149.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 13 of 20 outings (65%) this season.
- Kent State has combined with its opponents to score at least 149.5 points in nine of 22 games (40.9%) this year.
- The Bobcats and the Golden Flashes combine to average 8.0 more points per game than the over/under of 149.5 set for this game.
- The Bobcats and the Golden Flashes have seen their opponents average a combined 5.4 less points per game than the over/under of 149.5 set for this matchup.
- The average over/under the Bobcats have had set in games this year is 4.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Golden Flashes games this year is 1.7 less points than the point total of 149.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bobcats put up 9.7 more points per game (80.2) than the Golden Flashes allow (70.5).
- Ohio has an 11-0 record against the spread and a 13-4 record overall when putting up more than 70.5 points.
- Kent State is 2-4 against the spread and 3-3 overall when allowing more than 80.2 points.
- The Golden Flashes’ 77.3 points per game are only 3.7 more points than the 73.6 the Bobcats allow.
- Kent State has gone 12-2 overall and 8-0-1 against the spread in games it scores more than 73.6 points.
- Ohio is 0-6 against the spread and 0-6 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 77.3 points.
- The Bobcats have totaled 131 more points than their opponents this season (6.6 per game on average), and the Golden Flashes have scored 151 more points than their opponents (6.8 per game).
Ohio Betting Information
- Against the spread, Ohio has been strong this season, posting an 11-8 record.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Bobcats have fared well against the spread, putting together a 6-4 record.
- In 11 of 19 (57.9%) contests this season, Ohio and its opponents have hit the total.
Kent State Betting Information
- Kent State has a 10-9-1 record against the spread, covering in 50% of their contests.
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Golden Flashes have gone 7-7-1 against the spread.
- The Golden Flashes and their opponents have hit the over in half of their matchups this season — 10 of 20.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/16/2021||Ohio||-1.5||155.5||-145||+115||Regular Season||89-79 KENTST|
|2/28/2020||Ohio||-2||141||-134||+110||Regular Season||76-69 OHIO|
|2/15/2020||Kent State||-7.5||141||-362||+272||Regular Season||87-72 KENTST|
|2/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-73 KENTST|
|1/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-52 KENTST|
- The leader in points and assists for the Bobcats is Jason Preston, who scores 15.4 points and dishes out 7.6 assists per game.
- Dwight Wilson leads the Bobcats in rebounding, pulling down 7.3 boards per game while also scoring 15.2 points a contest.
- Ben Roderick leads his teammates on the Bobcats with 2.6 made threes per outing.
- Ben Vander Plas is a standout on the defensive end for Ohio, leading the team in steals with 1.6 per game and blocks with 0.7 per contest.
Kent State Leaders
- Danny Pippen collects 19.3 points and 8.7 rebounds per game for the Golden Flashes, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Giovanni Santiago notches more assists than any other Kent State teammate with 4.1 per game. He also scores 9.4 points and pulls down 3.0 rebounds per game.
- Michael Nuga hits more threes per game than any other member of the Golden Flashes, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.8 per game.
- Malique Jacobs (2.0 steals per game) and Pippen (1.3 blocks per game) pace the Golden Flashes in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED