The No. 4 Illinois Fighting Illini (19-6) are 2-point underdogs as they look to continue a three-game winning streak when they visit the No. 7 Ohio State Buckeyes (18-7) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Value City Arena. The contest airs at 4:00 PM ET on ESPN. The over/under is set at 151 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Illinois (+2)||Under (151)||Illinois 75 Ohio State 73|
- The Buckeyes and their opponents have combined to put up more than 151 points in 32% of their outings this year (eight of 25 opportunities).
- Illinois has played in 13 games this season (out of 25 total matchups — 52% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 151 points.
- These teams average a combined 158.2 points per game, 7.2 more points than the over/under of 151 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 12.7 fewer points per game (138.3) than this matchup’s total of 151 points.
- The Buckeyes average point total in outings this year is 147, four points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Fighting Illini this year is 1.5 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 77.2 points per game the Buckeyes average are 8.7 more points than the Fighting Illini give up (68.5).
- Ohio State has a 17-2 record overall and a 14-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 68.5 points.
- Illinois has a 1-5 record against the spread and a 1-5 record overall when giving up more than 77.2 points.
- The Fighting Illini put up an average of 81 points per game, 11.2 more points than the 69.8 the Buckeyes give up to opponents.
- Illinois has compiled a 17-4 overall record and a 14-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.8 points.
- Ohio State’s record is 3-2 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it allows more than 81 points.
- The Buckeyes have out-scored their opponents by a total of 185 points this season (7.4 points per game on average), and the Fighting Illini have put up 312 more points than their opponents on the year (12.5 per game).
Ohio State Betting Information
- Ohio State has been good against the spread this season, posting a 14-11 record.
- The Buckeyes fare well when favored by at least 2 points, posting a 9-8 record against the spread.
- The Buckeyes have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 12 times in 25 games this season.
Illinois Betting Information
- Illinois has a 15-9-1 record against the spread, covering in 60% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Fighting Illini have fared well, going 12-8-1 against the spread.
- The Fighting Illini and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 15 of 25 (60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/16/2021||Illinois||-7.5||145.5||-329||+261||Regular Season||87-81 OSU|
|3/5/2020||Ohio State||-5.5||132||-243||+193||Regular Season||71-63 OSU|
|2/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||63-56 ILL|
|12/5/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-67 OSU|
Ohio State Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Buckeyes is E.J. Liddell, who averages 15.9 points and 6.7 rebounds per game.
- Ohio State’s best passer is CJ Walker, who averages 4.2 assists per game to go with his 9.2 PPG scoring average.
- The Buckeyes get the most three-point shooting production out of Duane Washington Jr., who knocks down 2.7 threes per game.
- Justice Sueing is the Buckeyes leader in steals, averaging 1.0 steal per game, while Liddell leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
- Ayo Dosunmu racks up 21.0 points and tacks on 5.3 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Fighting Illini’s leaderboards for those statistics.
- Illinois’ Kofi Cockburn stats (9.8 rebounds per game, 17.5 points per game, 0.1 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Trent Frazier connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Fighting Illini, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.0 per outing.
- Illinois’ leader in steals is Frazier (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Cockburn (1.3 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED