The No. 4 Ohio State Buckeyes (18-6) are at home in Big Ten play against the No. 9 Iowa Hawkeyes (17-7) on Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 4:00 PM ET. The Buckeyes are 3.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The over/under in the matchup is set at 158.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Iowa (+3.5)||Under (158.5)||Ohio State 77 Iowa 76|
- The Buckeyes and their opponents have recorded more than 158.5 points in 29.2% of their outings this year (seven of 24 opportunities).
- Iowa has played in 11 games this season (out of 24 total matchups — 45.8% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 158.5 points.
- The Buckeyes and the Hawkeyes combine to average 4.7 more points per game than the over/under of 158.5 set for this game.
- The Buckeyes and the Hawkeyes have seen their opponents average a combined 15.8 fewer points per game than the over/under of 158.5 set in this matchup.
- The average point total for Buckeyes games this season is 10.8 less points than the over/under of 158.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Hawkeyes this season is 0.3 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Buckeyes put up 78 points per game, five more points than the 73 the Hawkeyes allow.
- When Ohio State scores more than 73 points, it is 14-0 against the spread and 17-1 overall.
- When Iowa allows more than 78 points, it is 1-7 against the spread and 2-6 overall.
- The Hawkeyes average 15.5 more points per game (85.2) than the Buckeyes allow (69.7).
- Iowa has compiled a 17-4 overall record and a 12-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.7 points.
- Ohio State’s record is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it gives up more than 85.2 points.
- The Buckeyes have scored a total of 201 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 8.3 per game), and the Hawkeyes have out-scored opponents by 291 points on the season (12.2 more per game).
Ohio State Betting Information
- Ohio State is solid against the spread, going 14-10 this season.
- The Buckeyes have posted a winning record of 8-6 against the spread when the spread is -3.5 or bigger.
- In 13 of 24 (54.2%) contests this season, Ohio State and its opponents have hit the total.
Iowa Betting Information
- The Hawkeyes have a winning record against the spread, going 12-11 ATS (covering 52.2% of the time).
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Hawkeyes have fared well, going 11-7 against the spread.
- The Hawkeyes and their opponents have hit the over in half of their games this season — 11 of 23.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/4/2021||Iowa||-5||156.5||-226||+183||Regular Season||89-85 OSU|
|2/20/2020||Iowa||-2||144.5||-138||+113||Regular Season||85-76 IOWA|
|2/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-70 OSU|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-62 IOWA|
Ohio State Leaders
- The Buckeyes leader in points and rebounds is E.J. Liddell, who scores 16.0 points and grabs 6.8 rebounds per game.
- CJ Walker leads Ohio State in assists, averaging 4.3 per game while also scoring 9.2 points per contest.
- Duane Washington Jr.’s 2.8 threes per game leads the Buckeyes.
- Justice Sueing and Liddell lead Ohio State on the defensive end, with Sueing leading the team in steals averaging 1.1 per game and Liddell in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
- Luka Garza sits atop the Hawkeyes leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 24.3 points and 8.3 rebounds per game.
- Iowa’s assist leader is Jordan Bohannon with 4.5 per game. He also records 9.8 points per game and adds 3.2 rebounds per game.
- Bohannon is the most prolific from the three-point line for the Hawkeyes, hitting 2.4 threes per game.
- Iowa’s leader in steals is Joe Wieskamp (1.1 per game), and its leader in blocks is Garza (1.5 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED