The No. 13 Ohio State Buckeyes (13-4) are at home in Big Ten action against the Michigan State Spartans (8-5) on Sunday, January 31, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET. The Buckeyes are favored by 7 points in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The over/under is 143 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Ohio State (-7)||Over (143)||Ohio State 77 Michigan State 67|
- The Buckeyes and their opponents have totaled at least 143 points — this matchup’s over/under — in nine of 17 games (52.9%) this season.
- Michigan State and its opponents have combined to score more than 143 points in eight of 13 outings (61.5%) this year.
- The Buckeyes and the Spartans combine to average 6.9 more points per game than the over/under of 143 set for this matchup.
- The Buckeyes and the Spartans have seen their opponents average a combined four fewer points per game than the point total of 143 set for this outing.
- The average point total in Buckeyes games this year is 1.9 more points than the over/under of 143 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Spartans this season is one point higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Buckeyes put up 76.9 points per game, 5.9 more points than the 71 the Spartans give up.
- Ohio State is 12-0 overall and 9-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71 points.
- When Michigan State gives up more than 76.9 points, it is 0-5 against the spread and 2-3 overall.
- The Spartans’ 73 points per game are five more points than the 68 the Buckeyes give up to opponents.
- Michigan State is 8-1 overall and 3-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 68 points.
- Ohio State is 1-3 against the spread and 3-1 overall when it gives up more than 73 points.
- The Buckeyes have scored a total of 152 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 8.9 per game), and the Spartans have out-scored opponents by 26 points on the season (two more per game).
Ohio State Betting Information
- Against the spread, Ohio State has been strong this season, posting a 9-8 record.
- When favored by at least 7 points, the Buckeyes have fared well against the spread, putting together a 4-3 record.
- More often than not, Ohio State and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 9 of 17 chances this season.
Michigan State Betting Information
- The Spartans have a 3-10 record against the spread, covering in just 23.1% of their outings.
- When they are at least 7-point underdogs, the Spartans have not fared well, going 1-6 against the spread.
- Michigan State and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this season — 6 of 13 (46.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/8/2020||Michigan State||-6.5||138||-300||+235||Regular Season||80-69 MSU|
|2/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-44 MSU|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-77 MSU|
Ohio State Leaders
- E.J. Liddell leads the Buckeyes in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 15.0 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
- Ohio State’s best passer is CJ Walker, who averages 4.0 assists per game to go with his 8.5 PPG scoring average.
- The Buckeyes get the most three-point shooting production out of Duane Washington Jr., who knocks down 2.8 threes per game.
- Justice Sueing is the Buckeyes leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Liddell leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
Michigan State Leaders
- Aaron Henry scores 13.4 points and adds 3.5 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Spartans’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- The Spartans’ top rebounder is Joey Hauser — he pulls down 7.5 per game while scoring 11.3 points per game.
- Gabe Brown paces his teammates on the Spartans with 1.5 made threes per contest.
- Michigan State’s leader in steals is Henry (1.5 per game), and its leader in blocks is Marcus Bingham Jr. (1.5 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends – CANCELLED
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips 3/2/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Baylor Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas: 3/2/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview