The No. 21 Minnesota Golden Gophers (9-2) are slight underdogs (by 1 point) to build on a nine-game home winning streak when they host the No. 25 Ohio State Buckeyes (8-2) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at 5:30 PM ET. The point total is 147.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Minnesota (+1)||Over (147.5)||Minnesota 76 Ohio State 73|
- In seven of 10 outings (70%) this year, the Buckeyes and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 147.5 points.
- Minnesota and its opponents have added up to score at least 147.5 points in 63.6% of their matchups this year (seven of 11 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 12.4 more points per game (159.9) than this matchup’s over/under of 147.5 points.
- The Buckeyes and the Golden Gophers have seen their opponents average a combined 8.8 less points per game than the over/under of 147.5 set in this outing.
- The Buckeyes average point total in outings this year is 143, 4.5 points below the over/under in this game.
- Golden Gophers games this year have averaged a total of 155.6 points, 8.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 77.9 points the Buckeyes record per game are just 4.3 more points than the Golden Gophers surrender (73.6).
- Ohio State has a 7-0 record overall and a 5-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 73.6 points.
- When Minnesota gives up more than 77.9 points, it is 2-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- The Golden Gophers’ 82 points per game are 16.9 more points than the 65.1 the Buckeyes give up.
- Minnesota is 5-0-1 against the spread and 9-0 overall when it scores more than 65.1 points.
- Ohio State is 0-1 against the spread and 1-0 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 82 points.
- The Buckeyes have out-scored their opponents by a total of 128 points this season (12.8 points per game on average), and the Golden Gophers have put up 92 more points than their opponents on the year (8.4 per game).
Ohio State Betting Information
- The Buckeyes are 5-5 against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 1 points, the Buckeyes have put together a 4-4 record ATS.
- Ohio State and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 4 of 10 games this season (40%).
Minnesota Betting Information
- Minnesota has a 5-4-1 record against the spread, covering in 50% of their outings.
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Golden Gophers have gone 2-2-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Minnesota’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (7 out of 10 games, 70%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2020||Ohio State||-8.5||133.5||-433||324||Regular Season||62-59 MINN|
|12/15/2019||Ohio State||-7.5||129.5||-357||276||Regular Season||84-71 MINN|
|12/2/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-59 OSU|
Ohio State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Buckeyes this season is E.J. Liddell, who averages 14.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 1.5 assists per game.
- Ohio State’s leading rebounder is Kyle Young averaging 6.7 boards per game and its best passer is CJ Walker and his 4.4 assists per game.
- Duane Washington Jr. contributes the bulk of the Buckeyes’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.5 threes per game to pace the squad.
- Liddell is Ohio State’s leader in steals and blocks, racking up 1.1 steals and 1.4 blocks per game.
- Marcus Carr’s points (22.7 per game) and assists (6.2 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Golden Gophers’ leaderboards.
- The Golden Gophers’ top rebounder is Liam Robbins — he pulls down 7.0 per game while scoring 13.0 points per game.
- Carr provides the most three-point shooting production for the Golden Gophers. He makes 2.5 threes per game.
- Minnesota’s leader in steals is Jarvis Omersa (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Robbins (2.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found