The Northwestern Wildcats (6-4) are expected to extend a three-game losing streak when they visit the No. 21 Ohio State Buckeyes (9-3) as 8-point underdogs at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at Value City Arena. The matchup airs on BTN. The over/under is set at 143 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Northwestern (+8)||Over (143)||Ohio State 76 Northwestern 70|
- In 50% of their games this season (six of 12 chances), the Buckeyes and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- In five of 10 opportunities (50%) this year, Northwestern has combined with its opponents to score more than 143 points.
- The Buckeyes and the Wildcats combine to average 12.6 more points per game than the total of 143 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 135.2 points per game, 7.8 less than the point total for this matchup.
- The average point total in Buckeyes games this year is 0.2 fewer points than the over/under of 143 in this matchup.
- Wildcats games this year have averaged a total of 148 points, five more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Buckeyes put up 76.5 points per game, 7.6 more points than the 68.9 the Wildcats allow.
- When Ohio State scores more than 68.9 points, it is 6-0 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- Northwestern is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall when giving up more than 76.5 points.
- The Wildcats put up 12.8 more points per game (79.1) than the Buckeyes give up (66.3).
- Northwestern has put together a 4-0 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record in games it scores more than 66.3 points.
- Ohio State has a 1-0 record overall and an ATS record of 0-1 in games when its opponents score more than 79.1 points.
- The Buckeyes have totaled 122 more points than their opponents this season (10.2 per game on average), and the Wildcats have scored 102 more points than their opponents (10.2 per game).
Ohio State Betting Information
- Ohio State been consistently inconsistent against the spread this season, posting a 6-6 record.
- The Buckeyes fare well when favored by at least 8 points, posting a 3-2 record against the spread.
- Ohio State and its opponents have covered the over/under in just 5 of 12 games this season (41.7%).
Northwestern Betting Information
- Northwestern has an even record against the spread, going 4-4 ATS.
- When they are at least 8-point underdogs, the Wildcats have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- Northwestern and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this year — 3 of 8 (37.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/26/2020||Ohio State||-2.5||141.5||-144||+121||Regular Season||71-70 NWU|
|1/26/2020||Ohio State||-6.5||131.5||-313||+240||Regular Season||71-59 OSU|
|3/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-50 NWU|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||63-49 OSU|
Ohio State Leaders
- The Buckeyes scoring leader is Duane Washington Jr., who averages 15.1 per contest to go with 3.0 rebounds and 2.4 assists.
- E.J. Liddell is the Buckeyes leading rebounder, grabbing 6.4 per game, while CJ Walker is their best passer, averaging 4.2 assists in each contest.
- Washington paces his teammates on the Buckeyes with 2.8 made threes per game.
- Liddell is Ohio State’s leader in steals and blocks, racking up 1.0 steal and 1.5 blocks per game.
- Miller Kopp puts up 13.8 points per game and is the top scorer for the Wildcats.
- Ryan Young is at the top of the Wildcats rebounding leaderboard with 6.1 rebounds per game, and Boo Buie paces the squad in assists with 5.0 per outing.
- Kopp is reliable from three-point range and leads the Wildcats with 1.9 made threes per game.
- Northwestern’s leader in steals is Chase Audige (1.0 per game), and its leader in blocks is Pete Nance (0.7 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found