The No. 4 Ohio State Buckeyes (17-4) are favored (-5) to continue a six-game winning streak when they visit the Penn State Nittany Lions (8-9) at 8:00 PM ET on Thursday, February 18, 2021 at Bryce Jordan Center. The game airs on BTN. The matchup has an over/under of 146 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Penn State (+5)||Under (146)||Ohio State 74 Penn State 72|
- The Buckeyes and their opponents have combined for 146 points — this matchup’s over/under — in nine of 21 games (42.9%) this season.
- Penn State has combined with its opponents to score at least 146 points in eight of 17 games (47.1%) this season.
- The Buckeyes and the Nittany Lions combine to average four more points per game than the total of 146 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 140.6 points per game, 5.4 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- The Buckeyes average point total in outings this year is 145.4, 0.6 points less than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Nittany Lions this season is 0.9 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 77.5 points per game the Buckeyes score are only 4.9 more points than the Nittany Lions allow (72.6).
- Ohio State has a 16-0 record overall and a 13-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 72.6 points.
- Penn State has compiled a 2-5 record against the spread and a 1-6 record overall in games when it gives up more than 77.5 points.
- The Nittany Lions’ 72.5 points per game are just 4.5 more points than the 68 the Buckeyes give up.
- In games when it scores more than 68 points, Penn State is 6-0 against the spread and 6-5 overall.
- Ohio State has an ATS record of 2-3 and a 4-1 record overall when its opponents score more than 72.5 points.
- The Buckeyes have out-scored their opponents by a total of 200 points this season (9.5 points per game on average), and opponents of the Nittany Lions have out-scored them by only two more points on the year (0.1 per game).
Ohio State Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Buckeyes have covered 13 times in 21 contests.
- When favored by at least 5 points, the Buckeyes have fared well against the spread, putting up a 6-5 record.
- The Buckeyes and their opponents have gone over the total in 11 of 21 games (52.4%) this season.
Penn State Betting Information
- Penn State has covered the spread in greater than half of its outings, going 9-8 ATS.
- When they are at least 5-point underdogs, the Nittany Lions have not fared well, going 1-2 against the spread.
- In the majority of Penn State’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (7 out of 17 games, 41.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/27/2021||Ohio State||-7||146.5||-326||+255||Regular Season||83-79 OSU|
|1/18/2020||Ohio State||-2||137||-137||+111||Regular Season||90-76 PSU|
|12/7/2019||Ohio State||-7.5||133||-360||+277||Regular Season||106-74 OSU|
|2/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-70 OSU|
Ohio State Leaders
- E.J. Liddell leads the Buckeyes in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 15.1 points and 6.7 rebounds per game.
- CJ Walker leads the Buckeyes in assists, averaging 4.1 per game while also scoring 8.5 points per contest.
- Duane Washington Jr. contributes the bulk of the Buckeyes’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.7 threes per game to lead the team.
- Justice Sueing and Liddell lead the Buckeyes on the defensive end, with Sueing leading the team in steals averaging 1.0 per game and Liddell in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
Penn State Leaders
- Myreon Jones is the top scorer for the Nittany Lions with 14.9 points per game. He also adds 2.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game to his statistics.
- John Harrar is at the top of the Nittany Lions rebounding leaderboard with 8.8 rebounds per game, and Jamari Wheeler paces the team in assists with 3.2 per outing.
- Jones leads the Nittany Lions in three-point shooting with an average of 2.3 made threes per game.
- Penn State’s leader in steals is Wheeler (1.8 per game), and its leader in blocks is Seth Lundy (0.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Mercer Bears vs. Samford Bulldogs: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. Old Dominion Monarchs: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- North Texas Mean Green vs. UAB Blazers: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Nevada Wolf Pack vs. Colorado State Rams: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends