The Old Dominion Monarchs (4-3) host the Florida Atlantic Owls (5-4) in a matchup of C-USA teams at Ted Constant Convocation Center, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, January 8, 2021. The Owls are 8.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The over/under is set at 137 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Old Dominion (-8.5)||Over (137)||Old Dominion 75 Florida Atlantic 66|
- The Monarchs and their opponents have put up more than 137 points in 71.4% of their games this season (five of seven opportunities).
- In six of nine outings (66.7%) this year, Florida Atlantic has combined with its opponents to score at least 137 points.
- These teams average a combined 155 points per game, 18 more points than the over/under of 137 set for this matchup.
- The Monarchs and the Owls have seen their opponents average a combined two more points per game than the over/under of 137 set in this outing.
- The Monarchs average point total in matchups this season is 143.9, 6.9 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Owls this season is 13.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Monarchs average just 4.8 more points per game (70.1) than the Owls give up (65.3).
- Old Dominion has a 1-0 record against the spread and a 4-2 record overall when putting up more than 65.3 points.
- In games Florida Atlantic allows more than 70.1 points, it is 0-3 against the spread and 2-2 overall.
- The Owls score 11.2 more points per game (84.9) than the Monarchs give up to opponents (73.7).
- When it scores more than 73.7 points, Florida Atlantic is 0-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- Old Dominion is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 84.9 points.
- The Monarchs have been out-scored by 25 points this season (3.6 points per game on average), while the Owls have put up 176 more points than their opponents on the year (19.6 per game).
Old Dominion Betting Information
- Old Dominion has struggled against the spread, going 1-5 on the year.
- The Monarchs have struggled to cover, going just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 8.5 points.
- The Monarchs have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 50% of their games this season (3 of 6 contests).
Florida Atlantic Betting Information
- Florida Atlantic has a losing record against the spread, going 1-4 ATS (covering just 20% of the time).
- Florida Atlantic and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 3 of 5 (60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/11/2020||Old Dominion||-2.5||131||-146||+120||Conference Tournament||66-56 FAU|
|3/1/2020||Old Dominion||-5.5||130||-246||+194||Regular Season||85-80 OLD|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-55 OLD|
|1/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-73 FAU|
Old Dominion Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Monarchs is Malik Curry, who scores 17.1 points and distributes 4.9 assists per game.
- Kalu Ezikpe is Old Dominion’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 7.4 boards in each contest while scoring 12.0 points per game.
- A.J. Oliver II makes more threes per game than any other member of the Monarchs, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.9 per contest.
- The Old Dominion leader in both steals and blocks is Ezikpe, who averages 1.1 takeaways and 1.8 rejections per game.
Florida Atlantic Leaders
- The Owls’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Jailyn Ingram with 15.4 points and 6.0 rebounds per game.
- Bryan Greenlee dishes out more assists than any other Florida Atlantic player with 2.8 per game. He also averages 10.8 points and pulls down 2.1 rebounds per game.
- Ingram knocks down 2.4 three-pointers per game, the most on the Owls.
- Kenan Blackshear (1.9 steals per game) is the steal leader for Florida Atlantic while Madiaw Niang (0.9 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found