The Old Dominion Monarchs (6-3) will attempt to build on a three-game win streak when they visit the Rice Owls (9-3) on Friday, January 15, 2021 at Tudor Fieldhouse as only 2-point favorites. The matchup airs at 3:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The point total for the matchup is 146.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Rice (+2)||Over (146)||Rice 75 Old Dominion 72|
- In four of nine games (44.4%) this year, the Monarchs and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s over/under of 146 points.
- In eight of 12 opportunities (66.7%) this season, Rice and its opponents have combined to score at least 146 points.
- The Monarchs and the Owls combine to average 5.5 more points per game than the total of 146 set for this matchup.
- The Monarchs and the Owls have seen their opponents average a combined 2.3 less points per game than the point total of 146 set for this game.
- The Monarchs average point total in matchups this season is 140.4, 5.6 points less than the total in this game.
- Owls games this season have averaged a total of 154.8 points, 8.8 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 69.6 points the Monarchs average per game are only 3.2 fewer points than the Owls give up (72.8).
- When Old Dominion scores more than 72.8 points, it is 0-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- Rice is 3-3 overall and 1-3 against the spread in games when it allows more than 69.6 points.
- The Owls score 11 more points per game (81.9) than the Monarchs allow their opponents to score (70.9).
- Rice is 8-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 70.9 points.
- Old Dominion has a 0-2 record overall and an ATS record of 0-2 in games when its opponents score more than 81.9 points.
- The Monarchs have a -12-point scoring differential on the season (-1.3 per game). The Owls have out-scored opponents by 109 points on the season (9.1 more per game).
Old Dominion Betting Information
- Old Dominion has covered in just two of eight matchups this season.
- The Monarchs have struggled to cover, going just 1-3 ATS when favored by at least 2 points.
- The Monarchs have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 50% of their games this season (4 of 8 contests).
Rice Betting Information
- The Owls have a winning record against the spread, going 6-3 ATS (covering 66.7% of the time).
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Owls have fared well, going 3-1 against the spread.
- Rice has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 33.3% of matchups this year (3 out of 9 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/13/2020||Rice||-1||141||-116||-106||Regular Season||73-70 OLD|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-76 OLD|
Old Dominion Leaders
- Malik Curry leads the Monarchs in points and assists per game, scoring 15.9 points and distributing 4.4 assists.
- Kalu Ezikpe leads the Monarchs in rebounding, pulling down 6.8 boards per game while also scoring 10.5 points a contest.
- A.J. Oliver II connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Monarchs, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.0 per game.
- Curry is Old Dominion’s leader in steals, averaging 1.6 steals per game, while Ezikpe leads them in blocks with 1.4 per contest.
- Max Fiedler has tallied 9.3 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game, putting him atop the Owls leaderboards in those stat categories.
- Rice’s Quincy Olivari averages 16.2 points, 4.7 rebounds and 0.6 assists per game, making him the top scorer on the squad.
- Travis Evee provides the bulk of the Owls’ three-point shooting production. He makes 3.3 threes per game to pace the team.
- Evee (1.4 steals per game) and Fiedler (0.8 blocks per game) pace the Owls in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found