The Omaha Mavericks (2-12) are favored (-5.5) to end an eight-game losing streak when they host the Western Illinois Leathernecks (3-11) at 9:00 PM ET on Friday, February 5, 2021 at Baxter Arena. The point total for the matchup is set at 152.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Western Illinois (+5.5)||Under (152.5)||Omaha 76 Western Illinois 73|
- In four of 14 outings (28.6%) this year, the Mavericks and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 152.5 points.
- Western Illinois and its opponents have combined to score at least 152.5 points in 57.1% of their matchups this year (eight of 14 chances).
- These teams average a combined 137 points per game, 15.5 fewer points than the over/under of 152.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 6.0 more points per game (158.5) than this matchup’s total of 152.5 points.
- The Mavericks average point total in matchups this year is 144, 8.5 points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average total for Leathernecks games this year is 1.0 fewer point than the point total of 152.5 for this outing.
Omaha Betting Information
- Omaha has covered in just five of 13 matchups this season.
- The Mavericks have struggled to cover, going just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 5.5 points.
- Omaha has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 6 times in 13 contests (46.2%).
Western Illinois Betting Information
- Western Illinois has a 7-4-1 record against the spread, covering in 58.3% of their matchups.
- Western Illinois has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 58.3% of matchups this year (7 out of 12 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||Omaha||-5||153.5||-226||+178||Regular Season||93-86 OMAHA|
|1/23/2020||Omaha||-11||158||-730||+488||Regular Season||87-82 OMAHA|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-63 OMAHA|
|1/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-71 OMAHA|
- Marlon Ruffin leads the Mavericks in scoring, tallying 13.4 points per game to go with 3.6 rebounds and 1.4 assists.
- Omaha’s leading rebounder is Matt Pile averaging 8.3 boards per game and its best passer is Ayo Akinwole and his 2.8 assists per game.
- Ruffin provides the most three-point shooting production for the Mavericks. He knocks down 1.4 threes per game.
- Akinwole is the Mavericks leader in steals, averaging 0.9 steals per game, while Pile leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
Western Illinois Leaders
- Will Carius is the top scorer for the Leathernecks with 13.9 points per game. He also tacks on 4.9 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game to his stats.
- Tamell Pearson is at the top of the Leathernecks rebounding leaderboard with 7.3 rebounds per game, and Marcus Watson Jr. paces the squad in assists with 2.9 per outing.
- Ruffin paces his teammates on the Leathernecks with 2.5 made threes per outing.
- Watson (1.3 steals per game) and Adam Anhold (1.0 block per game) lead the Leathernecks in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends – CANCELLED
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips 3/2/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Baylor Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas: 3/2/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview