Oregon State vs Arizona NCAA Basketball Odds Guide
The Arizona Wildcats (19-2, 7-1) will be looking for a little revenge on Friday night, as their lone Pac-12 college hoops betting loss this season came at the hands of their next opponents, the Oregon State Beavers. That last meeting, a 58-56 win for the Beavers is one that still sticks in the craw of the Arizona players and coaching staff, all of whom have admitted that it was a less than impressive effort on their part.
A closer look at the Beavers vs Wildcats NCAA Basketball Odds Guide
Date/Time: Friday, January 30th, 10:00 PM
Location: McKale Center, Tucson, Arizona
NCAAB Odds: Arizona -17.5
The outing on Jan 11 was a rough night for the Wildcats offense, which only managed to shoot 37.8% from the floor, and just 4 of 17 from outside the paint. That said, they were up against a defense that is considered one of the best in the nations, and they were in fact right in it till the very end. Had T.J. O’Connell sunk an off-balance shot in the final seconds, the #6 ranked Arizona Wildcats would still be looking at a perfect conference record.
Arizona has rebounded from that loss very nicely, reeling off 5 straight wins and doing so by an average of over 19 points per game. They have been solid defensively during that stretch, holding 4 of their 5 opponents under 44% shooting. Arizona already ranks pretty high in shooting with a 49.8% average, but they went well beyond that in beating Oregon 90-56 on Wednesday, going 59.3% from the floor.
Oregon State (14-6, 5-3) know that they are in for a different game away from the cozy confines of their home court. Arizona has gone 33 games unbeaten at home, and have won 30 of 3 of their last home meetings versus the Beavers. Furthermore, Oregon State hasn’t notched a road win against a ranked team since way back in 1985. The Beavers are also coming in off a rough 55-73 loss to Arizona State on Wednesday night. That was certainly out of character for a team that was top 10 in points per game allowed (56.1) heading into that game. Gary Payton II and Malcolm Duvivier put in solid performances in that game, but their supporting cast managed to go just 8 for 21 from the field.
Oregon State Beavers betting trends
- Oregon State is 10-5 ATS in its last 15 games
- Oregon State is 11-4 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Oregon State’s last 7 games
- Oregon State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Oregon State is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Oregon State is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 games when playing Arizona
Arizona Wildcats betting trends
- Arizona is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Arizona is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Arizona’s last 6 games
- Arizona is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Arizona is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona’s last 5 games at home
- Arizona is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games when playing Oregon State
My Beavers vs Wildcats Prediction and Pick
Oregon State is going to need a solid effort from everyone if they hope to leave Arizona with a win under their belts. The likelihood of that happening against a team that seems to still be smarting from the loss to the Beavers earlier in the month seems pretty slim. Look for Arizona to win this one by a comfortable margin.