The Penn State Nittany Lions (6-8) host the Maryland Terrapins (9-8) after winning three home games in a row. The Nittany Lions are favored by just 3 points in the matchup, which begins at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, February 5, 2021. The point total is 143.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Maryland (+3)||Over (143.5)||Penn State 73 Maryland 71|
- In 64.3% of their opportunities this year (nine of 14 chances), the Nittany Lions and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s point total of 143.5 points.
- Maryland and its opponents have combined to score at least 143.5 points in 35.3% of their matchups this season (six of 17 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 1.2 more points per game (144.7) than this game’s total of 143.5 points.
- The Nittany Lions and the Terrapins have seen their opponents average a combined 0.3 fewer points per game than the point total of 143.5 set in this matchup.
- The average point total in Nittany Lions games this season is 8.1 more points than the total of 143.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Terrapins games this year is 7.3 less points than the point total of 143.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Nittany Lions record 8.4 more points per game (75.6) than the Terrapins give up (67.2).
- Penn State has a 6-0 record against the spread and a 6-5 record overall when scoring more than 67.2 points.
- When Maryland gives up more than 75.6 points, it is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall.
- The Terrapins score 6.9 fewer points per game (69.1) than the Nittany Lions allow their opponents to score (76).
- Maryland has put together a 2-0 ATS record and a 5-0 overall record in games it scores more than 76 points.
- Penn State has a 2-7 record overall and an ATS record of 3-6 in games when its opponents score more than 69.1 points.
- The Nittany Lions have a negative point differential on the season (-6 total points, -0.4 per game), while the Terrapins have scored 32 more points than their opponents (1.9 per game).
Penn State Betting Information
- The Nittany Lions have been an even bet against the spread this season at 7-7.
- The Nittany Lions have struggled to cover, going just 1-2 ATS when favored by at least 3 points.
- Penn State and its opponents have hit the over 7 times in 14 contests this season.
Maryland Betting Information
- Maryland has covered the spread in less than half of its contests, going 6-10 ATS.
- When they are at least 3-point underdogs, the Terrapins have not fared well, going 2-3 against the spread.
- Maryland and its opponents have hit the over in half of their games this season — 8 of 16.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/10/2019||Penn State||-2||142.5||-132||+108||Regular Season||76-69 PSU|
|2/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-61 PSU|
|12/1/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-59 MARY|
Penn State Leaders
- The Nittany Lions scoring leader is Myreon Jones, who averages 15.6 per contest to go with 2.9 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- John Harrar leads Penn State in rebounding, averaging 8.1 per game, while Jamari Wheeler leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.6 in each contest.
- Jones provides the most three-point shooting production for the Nittany Lions. He knocks down 2.5 threes per game.
- Wheeler is the Nittany Lions leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Seth Lundy leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
- Eric Ayala puts up 13.8 points per game and is the top scorer for the Terrapins.
- Donta Scott has a stat line of 6.6 rebounds, 12.7 points and 1.7 assists per game for Maryland to take the top rebound spot on the team. Darryl Morsell holds the top spot for assists with 2.9 per game, adding 8.5 points and 3.9 rebounds per matchup.
- Jones paces his teammates on the Terrapins with 1.8 made threes per contest.
- Maryland’s leader in steals is Ayala (1.2 per game), and its leader in blocks is Chol Marial (0.7 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Jackson State Tigers vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs: 3/4/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/4/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Portland State Vikings: 3/4/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Austin Peay Governors 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends