Marcus Carr leads the Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-12) into a matchup against the Penn State Nittany Lions (9-12) after scoring 41 points in a 78-74 loss to Nebraska. The Golden Gophers are 4.5-point underdogs in the game on Wednesday, March 3, 2021, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on BTN. The matchup has an over/under of 148.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Minnesota (+4.5)||Under (148)||Penn State 75 Minnesota 72|
- The Nittany Lions and their opponents have scored at least 148 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 10 of 21 opportunities (47.6%) this season.
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score at least 148 points in 12 of 25 outings (48%) this season.
- The Nittany Lions and the Golden Gophers combine to average 1.9 fewer points per game than the total of 148 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 147.6 points per game, 0.4 less than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under the Nittany Lions have had set in matchups this year is 1.5 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under in Golden Gophers games this year is 0.8 fewer points than the point total of 148 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 72.4 points the Nittany Lions score per game are only 1.1 fewer points than the Golden Gophers give up (73.5).
- Penn State is 6-0 against the spread and 6-5 overall when scoring more than 73.5 points.
- Minnesota is 3-8-1 against the spread and 4-8 overall when giving up more than 72.4 points.
- The Golden Gophers put up just 0.4 fewer points than the Nittany Lions give up to opponents (74.1).
- Minnesota has compiled an 11-0 overall record and an 8-0-1 ATS record in games it scores more than 74.1 points.
- Penn State’s record is 3-7 against the spread and 2-8 overall when it gives up more than 73.7 points.
- The Nittany Lions have a negative point differential on the season (-36 total points, -1.7 per game), while the Golden Gophers have scored just five more points than their opponents (0.2 per game).
Penn State Betting Information
- The Nittany Lions have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 10-11 record.
- When favored by at least 4.5 points, the Nittany Lions have struggled to a 1-4 record ATS this season.
- Penn State and its opponents have converted the over just 9 times in 21 (42.9%) games this season.
Minnesota Betting Information
- Minnesota has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 9-13-2 ATS.
- When they are at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Golden Gophers have a record ATS of 3-4-1.
- In 12 out of Golden Gophers 24 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||Penn State||-6||138.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-77 PSU|
|1/15/2020||Minnesota||-2.5||143||-149||+120||Regular Season||75-69 MINN|
|3/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Conference Tournament||77-72 MINN|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-64 MINN|
Penn State Leaders
- The Nittany Lions scoring leader is Myreon Jones, who averages 15.4 per contest to go with 2.7 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- John Harrar leads the Nittany Lions in rebounding, averaging 8.5 per game, while Jamari Wheeler leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.4 in each contest.
- Jones contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Nittany Lions. He makes 2.4 threes per game.
- Wheeler is the Nittany Lions leader in steals, averaging 1.9 steals per game, while Seth Lundy leads them in blocks with 0.7 per contest.
- The Golden Gophers’ Carr racks up enough points (20.0 per game) and assists (5.0 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- Minnesota’s Liam Robbins stats (6.6 rebounds per game, 11.7 points per game, 1.1 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Carr leads the Golden Gophers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.2 made threes per game.
- Minnesota’s leader in steals is Carr with 1.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is Robbins with 2.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED