The Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-12) will attempt to end a nine-game losing streak when they visit the Penn State Nittany Lions (7-9) on Sunday, February 14, 2021 at Bryce Jordan Center as heavy, 11-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 3:00 PM ET on BTN. The point total is set at 143.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Nebraska (+11)||Over (143.5)||Penn State 77 Nebraska 67|
- The Nittany Lions and their opponents have scored at least 143.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in nine of 16 games (56.2%) this year.
- Nebraska has played in nine games this season (out of 16 total matchups — 56.2% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 143.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 144.3 points per game, 0.8 more points than the total of 143.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.3 more points per game (146.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 143.5 points.
- The average point total for Nittany Lions games this year is 3.1 more points than the over/under of 143.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Cornhuskers this year is 1.0 point higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.2 points the Nittany Lions record per game are just 0.2 fewer points than the Cornhuskers give up (73.4).
- Penn State is 6-0 against the spread and 5-4 overall when scoring more than 73.4 points.
- Nebraska is 2-6 against the spread and 0-8 overall when allowing more than 73.2 points.
- The Cornhuskers put up an average of 71.1 points per game, only 2.3 fewer points than the 73.4 the Nittany Lions allow.
- Nebraska has compiled a 4-3 overall record and a 3-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 73.4 points.
- Penn State’s record is 2-6 against the spread and 1-7 overall when it allows more than 71.1 points.
- The Nittany Lions have a negative point differential on the season (-3 total points, -0.2 per game), as do the Cornhuskers (-38 total points, -2.3 per game).
Penn State Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Nittany Lions have covered nine times in 16 contests.
- When favored by at least 11 points, the Nittany Lions have fared well against the spread, putting up a 1-0 record.
- The Nittany Lions have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 7 of 16 contests this season, a rate of 43.8%
Nebraska Betting Information
- Nebraska has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 6-9 ATS.
- When they play as at least 11-point underdogs, the Cornhuskers have a record ATS of 1-1.
- The Cornhuskers and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this season — 5 of 15 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-64 PSU|
|2/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||95-71 PSU|
|1/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-64 NEB|
Penn State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Nittany Lions this season is Myreon Jones, who averages 14.8 points, 2.8 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game.
- John Harrar is the Nittany Lions leading rebounder, grabbing 8.7 per game, while Jamari Wheeler is their best passer, distributing 3.3 assists in each contest.
- Jones paces his teammates on the Nittany Lions with 2.3 made threes per outing.
- Wheeler and Seth Lundy lead the Nittany Lions on the defensive end, with Wheeler leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Lundy in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
- Dalano Banton paces the Cornhuskers in both rebounds and assists with 6.8 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game.
- Teddy Allen puts up 16.7 points per game to sit atop the Cornhuskers scoring leaderboard.
- Allen hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Cornhuskers, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 2.0 per game.
- Allen (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for Nebraska while Banton (1.1 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends – CANCELLED
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips 3/2/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Baylor Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas: 3/2/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview