The Northwestern Wildcats (6-7) will look to end a six-game losing streak when they visit the Penn State Nittany Lions (4-6) on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Bryce Jordan Center as 6-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on BTN. The matchup has an over/under set at 148 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Penn State (-6)||Over (148)||Penn State 79 Northwestern 71|
- The Nittany Lions and their opponents have totaled at least 148 points — this matchup’s over/under — in five of 10 outings (50%) this season.
- Northwestern has played in six games this season (out of 13 total matchups — 46.2% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 148 points.
- The Nittany Lions and the Wildcats combine to average four more points per game than the over/under of 148 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.2 fewer points per game (147.8) than this matchup’s total of 148 points.
- The average over/under the Nittany Lions have had set in matchups this season is 4.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Wildcats games this year is 0.2 less points than the point total of 148 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 76.1 points the Nittany Lions put up per game are just 4.3 more points than the Wildcats give up (71.8).
- Penn State is 4-0 against the spread and 4-4 overall when scoring more than 71.8 points.
- Northwestern has recorded a 0-5 record against the spread and a 0-5 record overall when allowing more than 76.1 points.
- The Wildcats score only 0.1 fewer points than the Nittany Lions give up to opponents (76).
- When it scores more than 76 points, Northwestern is 2-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- Penn State is 1-4 against the spread and 0-5 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 75.9 points.
- The Nittany Lions have scored just one more point than their opponents this year (an average of 0.1 per game), and the Wildcats have out-scored opponents by 53 points on the season (4.1 more per game).
Penn State Betting Information
- The Nittany Lions are 5-5 against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 6 points, the Nittany Lions have fared well against the spread, putting together a 1-0 record.
- The Nittany Lions have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 4 of 10 games (40%).
Northwestern Betting Information
- The Wildcats have a 4-7 record against the spread, covering in only 36.4% of their outings.
- When they play as at least 6-point underdogs, the Wildcats have a record ATS of 1-0.
- In the majority of Wildcats games this year, the teams have not hit the over (5 out of 11 games, 45.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Penn State||-7||140.5||-322||+251||Regular Season||80-69 NWU|
|2/15/2020||Penn State||-13||141||-1137||+675||Regular Season||77-61 PSU|
|2/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-52 PSU|
Penn State Leaders
- The Nittany Lions scoring leader is Myreon Jones, who averages 16.0 per contest to go with 2.5 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- John Harrar is the Nittany Lions leading rebounder, pulling down 8.0 per game, while Jamari Wheeler is their best passer, averaging 3.7 assists in each contest.
- Jones paces his teammates on the Nittany Lions with 2.5 made threes per outing.
- Wheeler and Seth Lundy lead the Nittany Lions on the defensive end, with Wheeler leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Lundy in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
- Miller Kopp racks up 13.2 points per game and is the top scorer for the Wildcats.
- The Wildcats’ leader in rebounds is Pete Nance with 6.5 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Boo Buie with 4.7 per game.
- Buie leads the Wildcats in three-point shooting with an average of 1.8 made threes per game.
- Chase Audige (1.0 steal per game) is the steal leader for Northwestern while Nance (0.6 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED