The Miami (FL) Hurricanes (8-16) visit the Pittsburgh Panthers (10-11) as 4-point underdogs after Kameron McGusty scored 27 points in the Hurricanes 80-76 victory over Boston College. The game airs on ACCN at 2:00 PM ET on Tuesday, March 9, 2021. The point total in the matchup is set at 136.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pittsburgh (-4)||Over (136)||Pittsburgh 72 Miami (FL) 67|
- In 71.4% of their opportunities this season (15 of 21 chances), the Panthers and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 136 points.
- Miami (FL) and its opponents have combined to score more than 136 points in 54.2% of their games this season (13 of 24 chances).
- The Panthers and the Hurricanes combine to average one more points per game than the over/under of 136 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.9 more points per game (140.9) than this matchup’s total of 136 points.
- The average point total for Panthers games this season is 4.8 more points than the total of 136 in this matchup.
- Hurricanes games this season have averaged an over/under of 137.1 points, 1.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 71.1 points per game the Panthers average are just 0.1 fewer points than the Hurricanes allow (71.2).
- Pittsburgh has a 5-3 record overall and a 4-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 71.2 points.
- When Miami (FL) gives up more than 71.1 points, it is 4-6-1 against the spread and 3-8 overall.
- The Hurricanes average just 3.8 fewer points than the Panthers allow their opponents to score (69.7).
- Miami (FL) has put together a 6-3 overall record and a 4-0-1 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.7 points.
- Pittsburgh is 5-9 against the spread and 5-9 overall when it allows more than 65.9 points.
- The Panthers have scored a total of 29 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 1.4 per game), while the Hurricanes have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 127 total points, -5.3 per game).
Pittsburgh Betting Information
- Pittsburgh has been good against the spread this season, posting an 11-10 record.
- When favored by at least 4 points, the Panthers have compiled a 4-4 record ATS.
- The Panthers have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 10 times in 21 games this season.
Miami (FL) Betting Information
- Miami (FL) has a losing record against the spread, going 10-12-1 ATS (covering only 43.5% of the time).
- When they play as at least 4-point underdogs, the Hurricanes have a record ATS of 0-3-1.
- The Hurricanes and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 10 of 23 (43.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/16/2020||Pittsburgh||-4.5||133||-205||+167||Regular Season||70-55 PITT|
|2/2/2020||Pittsburgh||-6.5||136.5||-316||+243||Regular Season||62-57 PITT|
|1/12/2020||Miami (FL)||-2.5||137.5||-144||+119||Regular Season||66-58 MIA|
|3/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-63 MIA|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Panthers is Justin Champagnie, who averages 18.4 points and 11.1 rebounds per game.
- Xavier Johnson leads the Panthers in assists, averaging 5.7 per game while also scoring 14.2 points per contest.
- Ithiel Horton leads his teammates on the Panthers with 2.0 made threes per outing.
- Johnson and Champagnie lead Pittsburgh on the defensive end, with Johnson leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Champagnie in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
Miami (FL) Leaders
- Isaiah Wong sits at the top of the Hurricanes scoring leaderboard with 17.1 points per game. He also grabs 5.0 rebounds and dishes out 2.3 assists per game.
- Nysier Brooks has a stat line of 5.7 rebounds, 6.8 points and 0.7 assists per game for Miami (FL) to take the top rebound spot on the team. Harlond Beverly has the top spot for assists with 3.3 per game, adding 6.7 points and 4.5 rebounds per contest.
- Wong provides the most three-point shooting production for the Hurricanes. He knocks down 2.0 threes per game.
- Miami (FL)’s leader in steals is Beverly with 1.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is Brooks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED