The Pittsburgh Panthers (8-2) are favored (-2.5) to continue a three-game winning streak when they visit the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-6) at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Lawrence Joel Coliseum. The game airs on ACCN. The matchup has a point total of 141.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pittsburgh (-2.5)||Under (141)||Pittsburgh 72 Wake Forest 68|
- The Panthers and their opponents have scored no less than 141 points — this matchup’s over/under — in six of 10 games (60%) this year.
- Wake Forest has combined with its opponents to score at least 141 points in four of nine outings (44.4%) this season.
- The Panthers and the Demon Deacons combine to average 3.5 more points per game than the total of 141 set for this matchup.
- The Panthers and the Demon Deacons have seen their opponents average a combined 6.8 less points per game than the over/under of 141 set for this game.
- The average total the Panthers have had set in matchups this season is 0.7 less points than this outing’s point total.
- Demon Deacons games this year have averaged an over/under of 138.4 points, 2.6 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.2 points per game the Panthers record are 6.1 more points than the Demon Deacons allow (68.1).
- When Pittsburgh scores more than 68.1 points, it is 5-0 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- Wake Forest has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall when allowing more than 74.2 points.
- The Demon Deacons score an average of 70.3 points per game, only 4.2 more points than the 66.1 the Panthers allow to opponents.
- Wake Forest is 3-2 overall and 3-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 66.1 points.
- Pittsburgh has a 3-1 record overall and an ATS record of 2-2 in games when its opponents put up more than 70.3 points.
- The Panthers have totaled 81 more points than their opponents this season (8.1 per game on average), and the Demon Deacons have scored 20 more points than their opponents (2.2 per game).
Pittsburgh Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Panthers have covered seven times in 10 contests.
- The Panthers fare well when favored by at least 2.5 points, posting a 3-2 record against the spread.
- Panthers games have played to the total or above 5 times in 10 games this season.
Wake Forest Betting Information
- Wake Forest has covered the spread in greater than half of its contests, going 5-3 ATS.
- The Demon Deacons have gone 1-1 against the spread when they are at least a 2.5-point underdog.
- In most of Demon Deacons games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (5 out of 8 games, 62.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/10/2020||Pittsburgh||-2||137||-136||+112||Conference Tournament||81-72 PITT|
|1/4/2020||Pittsburgh||-6.5||135.5||-295||+233||Regular Season||69-65 WAKE|
|2/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-76 WAKE|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Panthers is Justin Champagnie, who puts up 20.3 points and 13.0 rebounds per game.
- Pittsburgh’s best passer is Xavier Johnson, who averages 6.1 assists per game to go with his 14.5 PPG scoring average.
- Ithiel Horton leads the Panthers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.0 made threes per game.
- Johnson is the Panthers leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Champagnie leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
Wake Forest Leaders
- Daivien Williamson’s points (13.1 per game) and assists (3.1 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Demon Deacons’ leaderboards.
- Wake Forest’s Isaiah Mucius stats (5.6 rebounds per game, 12.1 points per game, 0.2 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Jonah Antonio is the top scorer from deep for the Demon Deacons, hitting 2.0 threes per game.
- Wake Forest’s leader in steals is Williamson (1.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Jalen Johnson (0.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips 3/2/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Baylor Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas: 3/2/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends