The No. 1 seed Prairie View A&M Panthers (14-4) are favored by 25 points when they face off the No. 8 seed Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (2-21) in the SWAC Tournament quarterfinals. The teams will look to take another step toward an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket on Wednesday at Bartow Arena starting at 9:30 PM ET and airing on ESPN3.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Prairie View A&M||-25||-114||-108||139.5||-113||-108||N/A||N/A|
|Mississippi Valley State (+25)||Under (139.5)||Prairie View A&M 82 Mississippi Valley State 57|
- In 38.9% of their games this year (seven of 18 chances), the Panthers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 139.5 points.
- In 12 of 23 games (52.2%) this season, Mississippi Valley State and its opponents have combined to score at least 139.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 127.1 points per game, 12.4 fewer points than the total of 139.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 11.2 more points per game (150.7) than this matchup’s total of 139.5 points.
- The Panthers average point total in outings this season is 134, 5.5 points below the over/under in this game.
- Delta Devils games this season have averaged an over/under of 143.8 points, 4.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 70.6 points per game the Panthers average are 16.7 fewer points than the Delta Devils give up (87.3).
- When Prairie View A&M puts up more than 87.3 points, it is 0-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread.
- Mississippi Valley State has a 5-13 record against the spread and a 0-18 record overall when giving up more than 70.6 points.
- The Delta Devils’ 56.5 points per game are 6.9 fewer points than the 63.4 the Panthers give up.
- Mississippi Valley State has gone 2-2 overall and 4-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 63.4 points.
- Prairie View A&M is 9-3-1 against the spread and 9-4 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 56.5 points.
- The Panthers have scored a total of 128 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 7.2 per game), while the Delta Devils have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 708 total points, -30.8 per game).
Prairie View A&M Betting Information
- Against the spread, Prairie View A&M has been strong this season, posting a 12-4-2 record.
- The Panthers have posted a losing record of 0-1 against the spread when the spread is -25 or bigger.
- Prairie View A&M has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 7 times in 18 contests (38.9%).
Mississippi Valley State Betting Information
- Mississippi Valley State has a losing record against the spread, going 8-15 ATS (covering just 34.8% of the time).
- In most of Mississippi Valley State’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (9 out of 23 games, 39.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/25/2021||Prairie View A&M||-31||143.5||-5000||+1400||Regular Season||82-62 PVAM|
|1/23/2021||Prairie View A&M||-20||144||-5000||+1416||Regular Season||77-31 PVAM|
|2/24/2020||Prairie View A&M||-15.5||154||-2012||+937||Regular Season||88-69 PVAM|
|1/27/2020||Prairie View A&M||-20.5||153||-6000||+1420||Regular Season||102-83 PVAM|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-63 PVAM|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||89-78 PVAM|
Prairie View A&M Leaders
- The Panthers leader in points and rebounds is Jawaun Daniels, who scores 14.6 points and grabs 6.3 boards per game.
- Cam Mack is Prairie View A&M’s best passer, distributing 8.4 assists per game while scoring 12.1 PPG.
- Jeremiah Gambrell makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Panthers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.1 per outing.
- Mack is the Panthers leader in steals, averaging 2.9 steals per game, while Jerroda Briscoe leads them in blocks with 1.7 per contest.
Mississippi Valley State Leaders
- The Delta Devils’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Terry Collins with 12.2 points and 5.0 rebounds per game.
- Mississippi Valley State’s assist leader is Caleb Hunter with 3.4 per game. He also scores 12.1 points per game and tacks on 3.7 rebounds per game.
- Collins’ 2.3 made threes per game lead the Delta Devils.
- Collins (1.3 steals per game) and Leandre Howard (1.1 blocks per game) lead the Delta Devils in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED