The Southern Jaguars (8-8) will look to build on a four-game winning streak when they visit the Prairie View A&M Panthers (12-4) at 8:30 PM ET on Thursday, March 4, 2021 as 6.5-point underdogs. The Panthers have won 11 games in a row. The point total is 135.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Prairie View A&M||-6.5||-106||-116||135.5||-110||-110||N/A||N/A|
|Prairie View A&M (-6.5)||Over (135.5)||Prairie View A&M 73 Southern 64|
- In 56.2% of their games this season (nine of 16 chances), the Panthers and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 135.5 points.
- Southern has played in eight games this season (out of 16 total matchups — 50% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 135.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 4.9 more points per game (140.4) than this game’s total of 135.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.6 less points per game (132.9) than this game’s over/under of 135.5 points.
- The Panthers average point total in outings this year is 133.3, 2.2 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Jaguars this year is 4.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 70.1 points per game the Panthers put up are only 0.4 more points than the Jaguars allow (69.7).
- When Prairie View A&M puts up more than 69.7 points, it is 6-0-1 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- Southern is 2-5 overall and 2-4 against the spread when giving up more than 70.1 points.
- The Jaguars put up an average of 70.3 points per game, 7.1 more points than the 63.2 the Panthers allow.
- Southern has gone 7-4 overall and 6-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 63.2 points.
- Prairie View A&M is 3-1 against the spread and 1-3 overall when it allows more than 70.3 points.
- The Panthers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 109 points this season (6.9 points per game on average), and the Jaguars have put up only 10 more points than their opponents on the year (0.6 per game).
Prairie View A&M Betting Information
- Prairie View A&M has been good against the spread this season, posting an 11-4-1 record.
- When favored by at least 6.5 points, the Panthers have fared well against the spread, putting together a 4-3-1 record.
- Prairie View A&M has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 6 times in 16 contests (37.5%).
Southern Betting Information
- Southern has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 7-8 ATS.
- When they are at least 6.5-point underdogs, the Jaguars have gone 4-4 against the spread.
- The Jaguars and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 8 of 15 (53.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Southern||-2||133||-137||+111||Regular Season||89-80 SOUTH|
|1/6/2020||Prairie View A&M||-9.5||140.5||-530||+386||Regular Season||64-54 PVAM|
|3/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-55 PVAM|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-73 PVAM|
Prairie View A&M Leaders
- The Panthers scoring leader is Jawaun Daniels, who averages 13.6 per contest to go with 6.0 rebounds and 0.9 assists.
- Lenell Henry leads the Panthers in rebounding, averaging 6.1 per game, while Cam Mack leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 8.1 in each contest.
- The Panthers get the most three-point shooting production out of Jeremiah Gambrell, who makes 2.1 threes per game.
- Mack and Jerroda Briscoe lead the Panthers on the defensive end, with Mack leading the team in steals averaging 3.2 per game and Briscoe in blocks averaging 1.5 per contest.
- The Jaguars’ Jayden Saddler averages enough points (11.1 per game) and assists (5.4 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- Harrison Henderson’s stat line of 6.7 rebounds, 8.8 points and 0.5 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Southern rebounding leaderboard.
- Samkelo Cele averages 1.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Jaguars.
- The Jaguars’ leader in steals is Ahsante Shivers with 1.5 per game, and Andre Allen is their leader in blocks with 0.5 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED