The Georgetown Hoyas (3-8) are expected to extend a five-game losing streak when they host the Providence Friars (9-7) as 4-point underdogs at 1:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 30, 2021 at Capital One Arena. The matchup airs on CBS. The matchup’s point total is set at 139.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Georgetown (+4)||Over (139.5)||Georgetown 73 Providence 72|
- In nine of 16 opportunities (56.2%) this year, the Friars and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- In six of 11 outings (54.5%) this season, Georgetown and its opponents have combined to score more than 139.5 points.
- The Friars and the Hoyas combine to average 4.9 more points per game than the over/under of 139.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 144.8 points per game, 5.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The average point total for Friars games this year is 4.5 more points than the over/under of 139.5 in this matchup.
- The average total for Hoyas games this season is 5.7 more points than the point total of 139.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Friars average 72.9 points per contest, only 0.8 fewer points than the 73.7 the Hoyas give up to opponents.
- When Providence puts up more than 73.7 points, it is 4-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
- Georgetown has put together a 3-4 record against the spread and a 1-6 record overall when giving up more than 72.9 points.
- The Hoyas’ 71.5 points per game are only 0.4 more points than the 71.1 the Friars give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 71.1 points, Georgetown is 2-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Providence is 2-3 against the spread and 2-4 overall when it gives up more than 71.5 points.
- The Friars have put up a total of 28 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 1.8 per game), while the Hoyas have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 25 total points, -2.2 per game).
Providence Betting Information
- Against the spread, Providence has been strong this season, posting an 8-7 record.
- The Friars have covered half the time, going 2-2 against the spread when favored by at least 4 points.
- Providence has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 8 of 15 games for a 53.3% rate.
Georgetown Betting Information
- Georgetown has a losing record against the spread, going 5-6 ATS (covering just 45.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 4-point underdogs, the Hoyas have not fared well, going 1-2 against the spread.
- The Hoyas and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 4 of 11 (36.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/19/2020||Georgetown||-1.5||145.5||-126||+103||Regular Season||73-63 PROV|
|12/31/2019||Providence||-2.5||147.5||-151||+124||Regular Season||76-60 PROV|
|2/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-67 GEORGE|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||96-90 GEORGE|
- The Friars leader in points and assists is David Duke, who scores 19.5 points per game to go with 4.8 assists.
- Nate Watson leads the Friars in rebounding, grabbing 6.8 boards per game while also scoring 18.0 points a contest.
- The Friars get the most three-point shooting production out of Duke, who makes 2.3 threes per game.
- The Providence steals leader is Jared Bynum, who averages 1.2 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Jimmy Nichols Jr., who compiles 0.6 rejections per contest.
- Jahvon Blair collects 18.0 points and tacks on 3.8 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Hoyas’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Jamorko Pickett is at the top of the Georgetown rebounding leaderboard with 8.7 rebounds per game. He also racks up 11.5 points and adds 1.5 assists per game.
- Blair leads the Hoyas in three-point shooting with an average of 2.9 made threes per game.
- Don Carey (0.9 steals per game) is the steal leader for Georgetown while Qudus Wahab (2.5 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Jackson State Tigers vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs: 3/4/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/4/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Portland State Vikings: 3/4/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Austin Peay Governors 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends