The Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (12-7) are underdogs (+1.5) as they attempt to continue a five-game win streak when they visit the Providence Friars (9-9) at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at Alumni Hall (RI). The contest airs on FS1. The matchup’s point total is set at 146.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Saint John’s (NY) (+1.5)||Over (146.5)||Providence 75 Saint John’s (NY) 74|
- The Friars and their opponents have scored at least 146.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 18 opportunities (38.9%) this year.
- Saint John’s (NY) and its opponents have combined to score more than 146.5 points in 12 of 19 opportunities (63.2%) this year.
- The Friars and the Red Storm combine to average 3.8 more points per game than the total of 146.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.3 more points per game (146.8) than this game’s over/under of 146.5 points.
- The Friars average point total in matchups this year is 141.8, 4.7 points below the total in this game.
- Red Storm games this year have averaged an over/under of 155.2 points, 8.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 71.2 points per game the Friars record are five fewer points than the Red Storm give up (76.2).
- When Providence puts up more than 76.2 points, it is 5-0 overall and 3-0 against the spread.
- Saint John’s (NY) has put together a 5-6 record against the spread and a 6-6 record overall when giving up more than 71.2 points.
- The Red Storm average 8.5 more points per game (79.1) than the Friars give up to opponents (70.6).
- When it scores more than 70.6 points, Saint John’s (NY) is 9-0 against the spread and 10-4 overall.
- Providence is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when it allows more than 79.1 points.
- The Friars have totaled only 10 more points than their opponents this season (0.6 per game on average), and the Red Storm have scored 55 more points than their opponents (2.9 per game).
Providence Betting Information
- Providence has covered in just eight of 17 matchups this season.
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Friars have struggled to a 3-5 record ATS this season.
- More often than not, Providence and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 9 of 17 chances this season.
Saint John’s (NY) Betting Information
- The Red Storm have an 11-7 record against the spread, covering in 61.1% of their games.
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Red Storm have fared well, going 5-3 against the spread.
- In most of Saint John’s (NY)’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (11 out of 18 games, 61.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/12/2020||Providence||-1||140.5||-119||-104||Regular Season||80-69 STJOHN|
|1/15/2020||Providence||-5||139.5||-232||+184||Regular Season||63-58 PROV|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-59 PROV|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-56 PROV|
- The Friars leader in points and assists is David Duke, who scores 17.9 points per game along with 5.0 assists.
- Nate Watson is Providence’s best rebounder, grabbing an average of 6.8 boards in each contest while scoring 17.2 points per game.
- Duke contributes the bulk of the Friars’ three-point shooting production. He hits 2.1 threes per game to pace the team.
- Jared Bynum is Providence’s leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Watson leads them in blocks with 0.7 per contest.
Saint John’s (NY) Leaders
- The Red Storm’s leader in scoring and rebounding is Julian Champagnie with 19.5 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
- The Red Storm’s leading assist machine is Posh Alexander with a stat line of 4.5 assists, 11.3 points, and 3.6 rebounds per game.
- Champagnie provides the bulk of the Red Storm’s three-point shooting production. He connects on 2.5 threes per game to pace the team.
- Alexander (2.7 steals per game) is the steal leader for Saint John’s (NY) while Champagnie (1.3 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Liberty Flames vs. North Alabama Lions: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Drake Bulldogs: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview