The Indiana Hoosiers (12-13) are 7-point underdogs as they look to break a four-game losing streak when they visit the No. 23 Purdue Boilermakers (17-8) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Mackey Arena. The matchup airs at 2:00 PM ET on ESPN. The over/under in the matchup is 134.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Purdue (-7)||Over (134.5)||Purdue 73 Indiana 66|
- The Boilermakers and their opponents have combined for 134.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 14 of 25 games (56%) this season.
- Indiana has played in 18 games this season (out of 25 total matchups — 72% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 134.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 142 points per game, 7.5 more points than the total of 134.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 135.6 points per game, 1.1 more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average point total for Boilermakers games this season is 2.3 more points than the total of 134.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Hoosiers games this year is 6.3 more points than the point total of 134.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Boilermakers average 71 points per contest, only 1.2 more points than the 69.8 the Hoosiers allow their opponents.
- Purdue is 13-2 overall and 10-0 against the spread when scoring more than 69.8 points.
- In games when Indiana allows more than 71 points, it is 3-9-1 against the spread and 4-9 overall.
- The Hoosiers’ 71 points per game are 5.2 more points than the 65.8 the Boilermakers allow.
- Indiana has put together a 10-0-2 ATS record and an 11-7 overall record in games it scores more than 65.8 points.
- Purdue has an ATS record of 2-2-1 and a 2-3 record overall when its opponents score more than 71 points.
- The Boilermakers have totaled 130 more points than their opponents this season (5.2 per game on average), and the Hoosiers have scored 29 more points than their opponents (1.2 per game).
Purdue Betting Information
- Purdue has been strong against the spread, going 14-8-2 this season.
- When favored by at least 7 points, the Boilermakers have fared well against the spread, putting up a 3-2 record.
- Purdue has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 13 of 24 games for a 54.2% rate.
Indiana Betting Information
- Indiana has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 11-12-2 ATS.
- The Hoosiers have gone 2-2-1 against the spread when they are at least a 7-point underdog.
- In the majority of Indiana’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (14 out of 25 games, 56%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/14/2021||Indiana||-4||129.5||-182||+149||Regular Season||81-69 PUR|
|2/27/2020||Purdue||-6.5||130||-282||+223||Regular Season||57-49 PUR|
|2/8/2020||Indiana||-1.5||130||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-62 PUR|
|2/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||48-46 PUR|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-55 PUR|
- The Boilermakers leader in points and rebounds is Trevion Williams, who scores 15.6 points and pulls down 8.9 boards per game.
- Eric Hunter Jr. is Purdue’s best passer, distributing 2.9 assists per game while scoring 9.4 PPG.
- Sasha Stefanovic provides the bulk of the Boilermakers’ three-point shooting production. He connects on 2.1 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Purdue steals leader is Hunter, who averages 1.1 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Zach Edey, who compiles 1.0 block per contest.
- Trayce Jackson-Davis averages 19.4 points and 9.2 rebounds per game for the Hoosiers, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Al Durham dishes out 2.7 assists per game, the most assists on the Hoosiers.
- Armaan Franklin makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Hoosiers, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 1.7 per contest.
- Franklin (1.2 steals per game) and Jackson-Davis (1.4 blocks per game) lead the Hoosiers in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED