The Michigan State Spartans (10-8) are underdogs (by 5.5 points) to stop a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Purdue Boilermakers (13-8) on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The point total is 135.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Purdue (-5.5)||Over (135.5)||Purdue 74 Michigan State 66|
- In 57.1% of their opportunities this season (12 of 21 chances), the Boilermakers and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 135.5 points.
- Michigan State and its opponents have combined to score more than 135.5 points in 72.2% of their matchups this season (13 of 18 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 5.6 more points per game (141.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 135.5 points.
- The Boilermakers and the Spartans have seen their opponents average a combined 2.8 more points per game than the over/under of 135.5 set in this matchup.
- The Boilermakers average point total in matchups this year is 137.1, 1.6 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Spartans this season is 6.8 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 70.4 points per game the Boilermakers record are only 1.2 fewer points than the Spartans give up (71.6).
- Purdue has a 6-0 record against the spread and a 9-1 record overall when putting up more than 71.6 points.
- In games Michigan State gives up more than 70.4 points, it is 1-8 against the spread and 3-6 overall.
- The Spartans put up an average of 70.7 points per game, just four more points than the 66.7 the Boilermakers give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 66.7 points, Michigan State is 4-0 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
- Purdue’s record is 2-2-1 against the spread and 2-3 overall when it allows more than 70.7 points.
- The Boilermakers have put up a total of 78 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 3.7 per game), while the Spartans have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 15 total points, -0.9 per game).
Purdue Betting Information
- Purdue has been good against the spread this season, posting a 10-8-2 record.
- The Boilermakers have covered half the time, going 3-3 against the spread when favored by at least 5.5 points.
- More often than not, Purdue and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 11 of 20 chances this season.
Michigan State Betting Information
- The Spartans have a losing record against the spread, going 4-14 ATS (covering just 22.2% of the time).
- The Spartans have not fared well as a 5.5-point underdog, going 1-8 against the spread when they are at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- In most of Michigan State’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (7 out of 18 games, 38.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/8/2021||Michigan State||-6||140||-265||+213||Regular Season||55-54 PUR|
|1/12/2020||Michigan State||-4.5||135.5||-203||+165||Regular Season||71-42 PUR|
|1/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-63 PUR|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-59 MSU|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Boilermakers is Trevion Williams, who puts up 15.8 points and 9.6 rebounds per game.
- Eric Hunter Jr. leads Purdue in assists, averaging 3.2 per game while also scoring 9.7 points per contest.
- Sasha Stefanovic makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Boilermakers, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.3 per contest.
- The Purdue steals leader is Hunter, who averages 1.2 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Zach Edey, who compiles 1.1 rejections per contest.
Michigan State Leaders
- The Spartans’ Aaron Henry averages enough points (14.3 per game) and assists (3.5 per game) to sit atop the squad’s leaderboards.
- Joey Hauser is at the top of the Michigan State rebounding leaderboard with 6.8 rebounds per game. He also racks up 10.4 points and tacks on 1.7 assists per game.
- Joshua Langford provides the most three-point shooting production for the Spartans. He makes 1.6 threes per game.
- The Spartans’ leader in steals is Henry with 1.3 per game, and Marcus Bingham Jr. is their leader in blocks with 1.3 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED