The No. 21 Minnesota Golden Gophers (11-5) visit the Purdue Boilermakers (11-6) as 3-point underdogs after Marcus Carr scored 25 points in the Golden Gophers 63-49 loss to Maryland. The game airs on BTN at 7:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 30, 2021. The point total for the matchup is set at 141.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Minnesota (+3)||Over (141)||Purdue 72 Minnesota 71|
- In 52.9% of their opportunities this year (nine of 17 chances), the Boilermakers and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s point total of 141 points.
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score more than 141 points in nine of 16 games (56.2%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 6.2 more points per game (147.2) than this matchup’s over/under of 141 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.7 less points per game (139.3) than this matchup’s over/under of 141 points.
- The average point total in Boilermakers games this season is 3.8 less points than the total of 141 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Golden Gophers this season is 8.3 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 70.3 points per game the Boilermakers score are just 2.1 fewer points than the Golden Gophers give up (72.4).
- When Purdue totals more than 72.4 points, it is 5-0 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- Minnesota is 4-4 overall and 2-5-1 against the spread in games when it gives up more than 70.3 points.
- The Golden Gophers score an average of 76.9 points per game, 10 more points than the 66.9 the Boilermakers give up.
- When it scores more than 66.9 points, Minnesota is 7-0-1 against the spread and 11-1 overall.
- Purdue is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 76.9 points.
- The Boilermakers have totaled 58 more points than their opponents this season (3.4 per game on average), and the Golden Gophers have scored 73 more points than their opponents (4.5 per game).
Purdue Betting Information
- Purdue has been good against the spread this season, posting an 8-7-1 record.
- When favored by at least 3 points, the Boilermakers have fared well against the spread, compiling a 5-3 record.
- Purdue has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 9 of 16 games for a 56.2% rate.
Minnesota Betting Information
- The Golden Gophers have an even record against the spread, going 7-7-1 ATS.
- When they play as at least 3-point underdogs, the Golden Gophers have a record ATS of 2-3-1.
- Minnesota has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 46.7% of matchups this season (7 out of 15 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2020||Purdue||-7.5||133||-358||+274||Regular Season||83-78 PUR|
|3/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-69 MINN|
|2/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-63 PUR|
- The Boilermakers leader in points and rebounds is Trevion Williams, who scores 15.3 points and pulls down 9.6 boards per game.
- Eric Hunter Jr. leads the Boilermakers in assists, averaging 3.2 per game while also scoring 10.3 points per contest.
- Sasha Stefanovic makes more threes per game than any other member of the Boilermakers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.6 per contest.
- Hunter is Purdue’s leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Zach Edey leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
- Carr scores 20.9 points and adds 5.2 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Golden Gophers’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Minnesota’s Liam Robbins stats (6.9 rebounds per game, 13.3 points per game, 0.9 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Carr is consistent from deep and leads the Golden Gophers with 2.3 made threes per game.
- The Golden Gophers’ leader in steals is Carr with 1.2 per game, and Robbins is their leader in blocks with 2.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends