The No. 25 Wisconsin Badgers (16-9) visit the No. 23 Purdue Boilermakers (16-8) as 2-point underdogs after D’Mitrik Trice went off for 29 points in the Badgers 74-69 loss to Illinois. The matchup airs on ESPN2 at 9:00 PM ET on Tuesday, March 2, 2021. The over/under in the matchup is set at 129.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Purdue (-2)||Over (129.5)||Purdue 69 Wisconsin 66|
- The Boilermakers and their opponents have combined for 129.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 15 of 24 opportunities (62.5%) this year.
- Wisconsin and its opponents have combined to score at least 129.5 points in 64% of their matchups this season (16 of 25 chances).
- The Boilermakers and the Badgers combine to average 11.2 more points per game than the total of 129.5 set for this matchup.
- The Boilermakers and the Badgers have seen their opponents average a combined 0.6 less points per game than the over/under of 129.5 set for this game.
- The average total the Boilermakers have had set in games this year is 7.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Badgers games this season have averaged a total of 133 points, 3.5 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Boilermakers score 7.7 more points per game (70.9) than the Badgers allow (63.2).
- Purdue has an 11-0-1 record against the spread and a 15-3 record overall when scoring more than 63.2 points.
- Wisconsin is 2-6 overall and 1-7 against the spread when allowing more than 70.9 points.
- The Badgers’ 69.8 points per game are just 4.1 more points than the 65.7 the Boilermakers give up to opponents.
- In games when it puts up more than 65.7 points, Wisconsin is 9-0 against the spread and 13-2 overall.
- Purdue’s record is 4-5 overall and 2-6-1 against the spread when it gives up more than 69.8 points to its opponents.
- The Boilermakers have totaled 126 more points than their opponents this season (5.2 per game on average), and the Badgers have scored 166 more points than their opponents (6.6 per game).
Purdue Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Boilermakers have covered 13 times in 23 contests.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Boilermakers have fared well against the spread, putting together an 8-5 record.
- More often than not, Purdue and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 12 of 23 chances this season.
Wisconsin Betting Information
- Wisconsin has covered the spread in less than half of its contests, going 12-13 ATS.
- The Badgers have fared well as a 2-point underdog, going 11-9 against the spread when they are at least 2-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Wisconsin’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (11 out of 25 games, 44%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/18/2020||Wisconsin||-4||121||-189||+152||Regular Season||69-65 WISC|
|1/24/2020||Purdue||-4||116.5||-197||+156||Regular Season||70-51 PUR|
|1/11/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-80 PUR|
- The Boilermakers leader in points and rebounds is Trevion Williams, who scores 15.8 points and pulls down 9.0 boards per game.
- Purdue’s best passer is Eric Hunter Jr., who averages 3.0 assists per game to go with his 9.8 PPG scoring average.
- Sasha Stefanovic’s 2.2 threes per game leads the Boilermakers.
- Hunter is Purdue’s leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Zach Edey leads them in blocks with 1.0 per contest.
- The Badgers’ Trice averages enough points (14.1 per game) and assists (3.9 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- Micah Potter is at the top of the Wisconsin rebounding leaderboard with 6.2 rebounds per game. He also notches 12.5 points and tacks on 1.3 assists per game.
- Trice leads the Badgers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.0 made threes per game.
- Brad Davison (1.2 steals per game) and Nate Reuvers (1.2 blocks per game) pace the Badgers in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED