A-10 foes square off when the Rhode Island Rams (5-5) visit the UMass Minutemen (3-2) at William D. Mullins Memorial Center, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 13, 2021. The Minutemen are 2.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s point total is set at 150.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UMass (+2.5)||Over (150.5)||UMass 79 Rhode Island 77|
- In 50% of their games this season (five of 10 chances), the Rams and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 150.5 points.
- In four of five outings (80%) this year, UMass and its opponents have combined to score more than 150.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 9.4 more points per game (159.9) than this game’s total of 150.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 148.4 points per game, 2.1 fewer than the point total in this game.
- The Rams average point total in matchups this year is 146.7, 3.8 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under in Minutemen games this season is 11.1 more points than the point total of 150.5 for this outing.
Rhode Island Betting Information
- Rhode Island has been good against the spread this season, posting a 6-4 record.
- The Rams have struggled to cover, going just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 2.5 points.
- The Rams and their opponents have gone over the total in 6 of 10 games (60%) this season.
UMass Betting Information
- UMass has a 3-2 record against the spread, covering in 60.0% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Minutemen have a record ATS of 3-2.
- In the majority of UMass’ games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (5 out of 5 games, 100%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Rhode Island||-2.5||142||-151||+124||Regular Season||64-63 URI|
|2/4/2020||Rhode Island||-15.5||145.5||-1938||+912||Regular Season||73-67 URI|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-75 URI|
|1/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-70 UMASS|
Rhode Island Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Rams is Fatts Russell, who scores 15.4 points and distributes 3.8 assists per game.
- Antwan Walker leads Rhode Island in rebounding, pulling down 6.8 rebounds per game while also scoring 8.3 points a contest.
- Jeremy Sheppard’s 1.6 made threes per game lead the Rams.
- Russell and Makhel Mitchell lead the Rams on the defensive end, with Russell leading the team in steals averaging 2.3 per game and Mitchell in blocks averaging 1.4 per contest.
- Tre Mitchell holds the top spot on the Minutemen leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 20.7 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
- Noah Fernandes dishes out more assists than any other UMass teammate with 5.8 per game. He also scores 12.8 points and grabs 4.7 rebounds per game.
- Carl Pierre leads his teammates on the Minutemen with 2.7 made threes per outing.
- UMass’ leader in steals is Fernandes (1.8 per game), and its leader in blocks is Tre Mitchell (1.5 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found