The Rice Owls (10-8) will attempt to stop a five-game losing streak when they host the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (7-10) at 3:00 PM ET on Friday, February 5, 2021 as 4-point favorites. The Golden Eagles have lost four games in a row. The over/under is set at 137.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Rice (-4)||Over (137.5)||Rice 72 Southern Miss 67|
- In 12 of 18 games (66.7%) this season, the Owls and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 137.5 points.
- Southern Miss has played in six games this season (out of 17 total matchups — 35.3% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 137.5 points.
- The Owls and the Golden Eagles combine to average 4.2 more points per game than the total of 137.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.1 more points per game (137.6) than this game’s total of 137.5 points.
- The average total the Owls have had set in games this season is 12.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Golden Eagles this year is 7.9 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 76.6 points per game the Owls average are 12.1 more points than the Golden Eagles allow (64.5).
- When Rice puts up more than 64.5 points, it is 8-0 against the spread and 10-5 overall.
- Southern Miss is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when giving up more than 76.6 points.
- The Golden Eagles score an average of 65.1 points per game, eight fewer points than the 73.1 the Owls give up to opponents.
- Southern Miss is 3-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it scores more than 73.1 points.
- Rice has a 5-7 record overall and an ATS record of 4-6 in games when its opponents put up more than 65.1 points.
- The Owls have out-scored their opponents by a total of 63 points this season (3.5 points per game on average), and the Golden Eagles have put up just 11 more points than their opponents on the year (0.6 per game).
Rice Betting Information
- Rice has been good against the spread this season, posting an 8-6-1 record.
- The Owls fare well when favored by at least 4 points, posting a 3-1 record against the spread.
- The Owls have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 6 of 15 games (40%).
Southern Miss Betting Information
- Southern Miss has a 9-6 record against the spread, covering in 60.0% of their games.
- In the majority of Golden Eagles games this year, the teams have not hit the over (7 out of 15 games, 46.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/4/2020||Southern Miss||-1||144.5||-117||-106||Regular Season||72-57 RICE|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-68 SOUMIS|
|1/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-65 RICE|
- The leader in rebounds and assists for the Owls is Max Fiedler, who grabs 9.3 boards and administers 3.9 assists per game to go with a 11.5 PPG scoring average.
- Rice’s leading scorer is Travis Evee, who drops 15.4 points a game in addition to his 1.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists.
- Evee leads the Owls in three-point shooting with an average of 3.3 made threes per game.
- Evee is the Owls leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Fiedler leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
Southern Miss Leaders
- Tyler Stevenson has the top spot on the Golden Eagles leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 14.2 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
- The Golden Eagles’ leading assist machine is Tae Hardy with a stat line of 3.0 assists, 10.8 points, and 2.1 rebounds per game.
- LaDavius Draine leads his teammates on the Golden Eagles with 2.0 made threes per contest.
- Southern Miss’ leader in steals is Hardy with 1.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is DeAndre Pinckney with 0.5 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED