A game after he exploded for 32 points in a 73-66 loss to Florida Atlantic, Tae Hardy leads the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (8-16) on the road against the Rice Owls (13-12) on Tuesday, March 9, 2021. The Golden Eagles are underdogs by 4.5 points in the matchup, which begins at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under of 142 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern Miss (+4.5)||Under (142)||Rice 71 Southern Miss 69|
- In 17 of 25 outings (68%) this year, the Owls and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s point total of 142 points.
- Southern Miss has played in five games this year (out of 24 total matchups — 20.8% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 142 points.
- These two teams average a combined 139.7 points per game, 2.3 less points than the total of 142 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 141.8 points per game, 0.2 fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average point total in Owls games this season is 7.8 more points than the over/under of 142 in this matchup.
- Golden Eagles games this year have averaged a total of 131.7 points, 10.3 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 75 points per game the Owls put up are eight more points than the Golden Eagles allow (67).
- Rice is 13-6 overall and 11-0 against the spread when scoring more than 67 points.
- Southern Miss is 0-6 overall and 1-5 against the spread when allowing more than 75 points.
- The Golden Eagles score 10.1 fewer points per game (64.7) than the Owls allow (74.8).
- When it scores more than 74.8 points, Southern Miss is 3-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- Rice’s record is 7-11 overall and 6-9 against the spread when it allows more than 64.7 points to its opponents.
- The Owls have totaled just six more points than their opponents this season (0.2 per game on average), while the Golden Eagles have been out-scored by 54 total points (2.3 per game average differential).
Rice Betting Information
- Rice has been good against the spread this season, posting an 11-9-1 record.
- The Owls have posted a winning record of 3-1 against the spread when the spread is -4.5 or bigger.
- In 11 of 21 (52.4%) contests this season, Rice and its opponents have hit the over.
Southern Miss Betting Information
- The Golden Eagles have a 10-12 record against the spread, covering in only 45.5% of their matchups.
- In 11 out of Southern Miss’ 22 games this year, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2021||Rice||-5||138.5||-225||+181||Regular Season||76-68 RICE|
|2/5/2021||Rice||-4||138.5||-185||+152||Regular Season||88-62 RICE|
|3/4/2020||Southern Miss||-1||144.5||-117||-106||Regular Season||72-57 RICE|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-68 SOUMIS|
|1/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-65 RICE|
- The Owls leader in rebounds and assist is Max Fiedler, who pulls down 8.6 rebounds and distributes 3.6 assists per game along with scoring 10.6 points per contest.
- Quincy Olivari is the Owls scoring leader, averaging 16.3 points per game. He adds 4.8 rebounds and 0.8 assists per contest.
- Olivari contributes the bulk of the Owls’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 3.2 threes per game to pace the squad.
- The Rice steals leader is Travis Evee, who averages 1.2 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Fiedler, who compiles 0.9 rejections per contest.
Southern Miss Leaders
- Tyler Stevenson averages 14.2 points and 7.3 rebounds per game for the Golden Eagles, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Southern Miss’ assist leader is Hardy with 2.5 per game. He also scores 11.0 points per game and tacks on 2.5 rebounds per game.
- LaDavius Draine’s 1.8 made threes per game lead the Golden Eagles.
- Hardy (1.3 steals per game) is the steal leader for Southern Miss while DeAndre Pinckney (0.6 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED