The Maryland Terrapins (12-10) are 4.5-point underdogs as they try to continue a three-game winning streak when they visit the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (12-8) on Sunday, February 21, 2021 at Rutgers Athletic Center. The game airs at 3:00 PM ET on BTN. The point total for the matchup is set at 129.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Maryland (+4.5)||Over (129)||Rutgers 70 Maryland 66|
- In 14 of 20 games (70%) this season, the Scarlet Knights and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s point total of 129 points.
- In 15 of 22 outings (68.2%) this year, Maryland and its opponents have combined to score at least 129 points.
- These teams average a combined 139.8 points per game, 10.8 more points than the over/under of 129 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 134 points per game, five more than the point total in this game.
- The average total the Scarlet Knights have had set in games this year is 10.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Terrapins games this year have averaged a total of 134.3 points, 5.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 71.4 points per game the Scarlet Knights score are 5.5 more points than the Terrapins allow (65.9).
- When Rutgers scores more than 65.9 points, it is 7-0 against the spread and 10-5 overall.
- Maryland is 1-5 against the spread and 0-6 overall when giving up more than 71.4 points.
- The Terrapins’ 68.4 points per game are only 0.3 more points than the 68.1 the Scarlet Knights allow to opponents.
- Maryland has compiled an 8-2 overall record and a 5-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 68.1 points.
- Rutgers is 6-6 against the spread and 6-6 overall when it gives up more than 68.4 points.
- The Scarlet Knights have out-scored their opponents by a total of 68 points this season (3.3 points per game on average), and the Terrapins have put up 54 more points than their opponents on the year (2.5 per game).
Rutgers Betting Information
- Rutgers has earned an even 10-10 record against the spread this season.
- The Scarlet Knights have posted a losing record of 2-4 against the spread when the spread is -4.5 or bigger.
- The Scarlet Knights have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 9 of 20 contests this season, a rate of 45%
Maryland Betting Information
- The Terrapins have a losing record against the spread, going 8-13 ATS (covering only 38.1% of the time).
- The Terrapins have gone 3-3 against the spread when they are at least a 4.5-point underdog.
- In most of Maryland’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (9 out of 21 games, 42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/14/2020||Maryland||-2.5||135.5||-143||+120||Regular Season||74-60 RUTGERS|
|3/3/2020||Rutgers||-1.5||130.5||-124||+103||Regular Season||78-67 RUTGERS|
|2/4/2020||Maryland||-7.5||129||-360||+280||Regular Season||56-51 MARY|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-63 MARY|
- The scoring leader for the Scarlet Knights this season is Ron Harper Jr., who averages 16.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 1.8 assists per game.
- Myles Johnson leads the Scarlet Knights in rebounding, averaging 8.5 per game, while Jacob Young leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.4 in each contest.
- Harper provides the bulk of the Scarlet Knights’ three-point shooting production. He hits 1.8 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Rutgers steals leader is Young, who averages 1.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Johnson, who compiles 2.4 rejections per contest.
- Eric Ayala is the top scorer for the Terrapins with 14.6 points per game. He also tacks on 3.8 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game to his stats.
- The Terrapins’ leader in rebounds is Donta Scott with 6.7 per contest, and their leader in assists is Darryl Morsell with 2.7 per game.
- Ayala is dependable from deep and leads the Terrapins with 2.0 made threes per game.
- Maryland’s leader in steals is Ayala (1.1 per game), and its leader in blocks is Scott (0.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED