The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (10-6) will attempt to extend a three-game winning streak when they host the Minnesota Golden Gophers (11-6) on Thursday, February 4, 2021 at Rutgers Athletic Center as 5-point favorites. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on FS1. The point total for the matchup is set at 139.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Minnesota (+5)||Over (139)||Rutgers 74 Minnesota 71|
- The Scarlet Knights and their opponents have totaled at least 139 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 10 of 16 opportunities (62.5%) this year.
- In 11 of 17 games (64.7%) this season, Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score more than 139 points.
- The Scarlet Knights and the Golden Gophers combine to average 9.5 more points per game than the over/under of 139 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 141 points per game, two more than the over/under for this game.
- The Scarlet Knights average point total in matchups this season is 140.5, 1.5 points higher than the total in this game.
- Golden Gophers games this season have averaged an over/under of 148.9 points, 9.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Scarlet Knights average just 0.5 fewer points per game (72.4) than the Golden Gophers allow (72.9).
- When Rutgers totals more than 72.9 points, it is 7-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- Minnesota is 2-5-1 against the spread and 4-4 overall when allowing more than 72.4 points.
- The Golden Gophers’ 76.1 points per game are eight more points than the 68.1 the Scarlet Knights give up.
- Minnesota has gone 10-1 overall and 7-0-1 against the spread in games it scores more than 68.1 points.
- Rutgers is 2-2 against the spread and 1-3 overall when it gives up more than 76.1 points.
- The Scarlet Knights have put up a total of 70 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 4.3 per game), and the Golden Gophers have out-scored opponents by 54 points on the season (3.2 more per game).
Rutgers Betting Information
- The Scarlet Knights are 8-8 against the spread this season.
- The Scarlet Knights have struggled to cover, going just 0-3 ATS when favored by at least 5 points.
- Rutgers and its adversaries have combined to cover the point total in 8 of 16 games this year (50%).
Minnesota Betting Information
- Minnesota has covered the spread in less than half of its contests, going 7-8-1 ATS.
- When they play as at least 5-point underdogs, the Golden Gophers have a record ATS of 2-3-1.
- Minnesota has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 50% of matchups this season (8 out of 16 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/19/2020||Rutgers||-6||128||-275||+217||Regular Season||64-56 RUTGERS|
|2/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-64 RUTGERS|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-70 MINN|
- The Scarlet Knights scoring leader is Ron Harper Jr., who averages 17.3 per contest to go with 6.2 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- Myles Johnson is Rutgers’ leading rebounder, pulling down 8.8 per game, while Jacob Young is its best passer, averaging 3.8 assists in each contest.
- Harper makes more threes per game than any other member of the Scarlet Knights, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.2 per contest.
- Young and Johnson lead the Scarlet Knights on the defensive end, with Young leading the team in steals averaging 1.8 per game and Johnson in blocks averaging 2.3 per contest.
- Marcus Carr’s points (20.0 per game) and assists (5.2 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Golden Gophers’ leaderboards.
- Liam Robbins is at the top of the Minnesota rebounding leaderboard with 6.9 rebounds per game. He also racks up 13.4 points and tacks on 0.9 assists per game.
- Carr is dependable from distance and leads the Golden Gophers with 2.1 made threes per game.
- Minnesota’s leader in steals is Carr (1.2 per game), and its leader in blocks is Robbins (2.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED