The Northwestern Wildcats (6-8) will try to end a seven-game losing streak when they host the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (9-6) on Sunday, January 31, 2021 at Welsh-Ryan Arena as 4-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:30 PM ET on BTN. The matchup has a point total of 140.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Northwestern (+4)||Over (140.5)||Rutgers 74 Northwestern 71|
- In 66.7% of their opportunities this year (10 of 15 chances), the Scarlet Knights and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 140.5 points.
- Northwestern has played in 12 games this year (out of 14 total matchups — 85.7% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 140.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 149.1 points per game, 8.6 more points than the total of 140.5 set for this matchup.
- The Scarlet Knights and the Wildcats have seen their opponents average a combined 0.9 more points per game than the over/under of 140.5 set in this game.
- The average point total in Scarlet Knights games this season is 1.4 more points than the over/under of 140.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Wildcats this year is 8.1 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Scarlet Knights record just 0.5 more points per game (73) than the Wildcats give up (72.5).
- Rutgers has a 6-0 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when scoring more than 72.5 points.
- When Northwestern allows more than 73 points, it is 1-5 against the spread and 0-6 overall.
- The Wildcats put up 7.2 more points per game (76.1) than the Scarlet Knights allow (68.9).
- Northwestern has gone 6-5 overall and 5-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 68.9 points.
- Rutgers is 2-2 against the spread and 1-3 overall when it allows more than 76.1 points.
- The Scarlet Knights have totaled 62 more points than their opponents this season (4.1 per game on average), and the Wildcats have scored 50 more points than their opponents (3.6 per game).
Rutgers Betting Information
- The Scarlet Knights have struggled somewhat against the spread this year, posting a 7-8 record.
- When favored by at least 4 points, the Scarlet Knights have struggled to a 1-4 record ATS this season.
- The Scarlet Knights and their opponents have gone over the total in 8 of 15 games (53.3%) this season.
Northwestern Betting Information
- Northwestern has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 5-7 ATS.
- When they play as at least 4-point underdogs, the Wildcats have a record ATS of 1-0.
- In 6 out of Wildcats 12 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/9/2020||Rutgers||-10.5||129.5||-670||+475||Regular Season||77-73 RUTGERS|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-56 RUTGERS|
|1/18/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-57 NWU|
- The scoring leader for the Scarlet Knights this season is Ron Harper Jr., who averages 17.6 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per game.
- Rutgers’ leading rebounder is Myles Johnson averaging 8.9 boards per game and its best passer is Jacob Young and his 3.9 assists per game.
- Harper connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Scarlet Knights, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 2.4 per game.
- Young is the Scarlet Knights leader in steals, averaging 1.9 steals per game, while Johnson leads them in blocks with 2.3 per contest.
- Miller Kopp scores 13.6 points per game and is the top scorer for the Wildcats.
- Pete Nance is atop the Wildcats rebounding leaderboard with 6.5 rebounds per game, and Boo Buie paces the squad in assists with 4.6 per outing.
- Buie connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Wildcats, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 1.9 per contest.
- Northwestern’s leader in steals is Chase Audige with 1.0 per game, and its leader in blocks is Nance with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED