A pair of sliding teams meet when the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (7-5) visit the Penn State Nittany Lions (3-6) on Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Scarlet Knights are 1-point favorites as they look to stop a four-game losing streak against the Nittany Lions, losers of five straight. The over/under in the matchup is 144.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Penn State (+1)||Over (144)||Penn State 76 Rutgers 73|
- The Scarlet Knights and their opponents have put up at least 144 points — this matchup’s point total — in eight of 12 outings (66.7%) this season.
- Penn State and its opponents have combined to score at least 144 points in six of nine games (66.7%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 6.1 more points per game (150.1) than this game’s total of 144 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.9 more points per game (147.9) than this game’s total of 144 points.
- The Scarlet Knights average point total in matchups this year is 144.8, 0.8 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Nittany Lions games this year have averaged a total of 153.2 points, 9.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Scarlet Knights put up just 3.1 fewer points per game (73.9) than the Nittany Lions allow (77).
- Rutgers has a 5-0 record overall and a 3-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 77 points.
- Penn State has a 1-4 record against the spread and a 0-5 record overall when allowing more than 73.9 points.
- The Nittany Lions average 5.3 more points per game (76.2) than the Scarlet Knights give up to opponents (70.9).
- Penn State has put together a 3-0 ATS record and a 3-4 overall record in games it scores more than 70.9 points.
- Rutgers has a 1-3 record overall and an ATS record of 2-2 in games when its opponents put up more than 76.2 points.
- The Scarlet Knights have put up a total of 36 more points than their opponents this year (an average of three per game), while the Nittany Lions have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by seven total points, -0.8 per game).
Rutgers Betting Information
- Rutgers has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 5-7 record.
- The Scarlet Knights have struggled to cover, going just 2-4 ATS when favored by at least 1 points.
- The Scarlet Knights have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 5 times in 12 games this season.
Penn State Betting Information
- Penn State has a losing record against the spread, going 4-5 ATS (covering only 44.4% of the time).
- The Nittany Lions have not fared well as a 1-point underdog, going 1-2 against the spread when they are at least 1-point underdogs.
- The Nittany Lions and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 4 of 9 (44.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/26/2020||Penn State||-4.5||136||-205||+165||Regular Season||65-64 PSU|
|1/7/2020||Penn State||-1.5||139.5||-125||+104||Regular Season||72-61 RUTGERS|
|3/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-65 PSU|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-60 RUTGERS|
- The Scarlet Knights scoring leader is Ron Harper Jr., who averages 18.6 per contest to go with 6.3 rebounds and 2.0 assists.
- Myles Johnson leads the Scarlet Knights in rebounding, averaging 8.8 per game, while Jacob Young leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.4 in each contest.
- Harper connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Scarlet Knights, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.7 per game.
- Young is the Scarlet Knights leader in steals, averaging 2.3 steals per game, while Johnson leads them in blocks with 1.9 per contest.
Penn State Leaders
- Myreon Jones sits at the top of the Nittany Lions scoring leaderboard with 15.9 points per game. He also collects 2.7 rebounds and racks up 2.2 assists per game.
- The Penn State leaders in rebounding and assists are John Harrar with 7.7 rebounds per game (he also adds 7.2 points and 0.8 assists per game) and Jamari Wheeler with 3.4 assists per game (he also tacks on 4.9 points and 4.0 rebounds per game).
- Harper paces his teammates on the Nittany Lions with 2.6 made threes per game.
- Wheeler (1.8 steals per game) and Seth Lundy (0.9 blocks per game) lead the Nittany Lions in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED