The Butler Bulldogs (3-6) visit the Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (6-6) after losing three straight road games. The Red Storm are favored by only 2 points in the contest, which begins at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 12, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 145.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Saint John’s (NY)||-2||-112||-109||145.5||-110||-112||-136||110|
|Saint John’s (NY) (-2)||Over (145.5)||Saint John’s (NY) 76 Butler 71|
- The Red Storm and their opponents have recorded more than 145.5 points in 75% of their games this year (nine of 12 opportunities).
- Butler has combined with its opponents to score more than 145.5 points in two of nine games (22.2%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 1.3 fewer points per game (144.2) than this game’s over/under of 145.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.3 more points per game (149.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 145.5 points.
- The Red Storm average point total in matchups this season is 161.2, 15.7 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Bulldogs this season is 12.8 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Red Storm put up 11.5 more points per game (80.5) than the Bulldogs give up (69).
- When Saint John’s (NY) scores more than 69 points, it is 4-0 against the spread and 6-3 overall.
- When Butler gives up more than 80.5 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall.
- The Bulldogs put up 17.1 fewer points per game (63.7) than the Red Storm give up (80.8).
- Butler has put together a 0-0 ATS record and a 0-0 overall record in games it scores more than 80.8 points.
- Saint John’s (NY)’s record is 6-6 overall and 4-7 against the spread when it allows more than 63.7 points to its opponents.
- The Red Storm have a negative point differential on the season (-3 total points, -0.3 per game), as do the Bulldogs (-48 total points, -5.3 per game).
Saint John’s (NY) Betting Information
- Saint John’s (NY) has struggled against the spread, going 4-7 on the year.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Red Storm have fared well against the spread, putting up a 3-2 record.
- The Red Storm have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 2 times in 11 games this season.
Butler Betting Information
- Butler has covered the spread in less than half of its games, going 3-5-1 ATS.
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have not fared well, going 1-2 against the spread.
- Butler and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 5 of 9 (55.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/4/2020||Butler||-9.5||139||-513||+371||Regular Season||77-55 BUTLER|
|12/31/2019||Butler||-3.5||135.5||-177||+144||Regular Season||60-58 BUTLER|
Saint John’s (NY) Leaders
- The Red Storm leader in points and rebounds is Julian Champagnie, who scores 21.0 points and pulls down 7.9 boards per game.
- Saint John’s (NY)’s best passer is Posh Alexander, who averages 4.4 assists per game to go with his 9.3 PPG scoring average.
- Champagnie makes more threes per game than any other member of the Red Storm, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
- Alexander and Champagnie lead the Red Storm on the defensive end, with Alexander leading the team in steals averaging 2.2 per game and Champagnie in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
- Jair Bolden is at the top of the Bulldogs scoring leaderboard with 13.0 points per game. He also collects 4.1 rebounds and averages 1.2 assists per game.
- Bryce Nze has a stat line of 6.7 rebounds, 9.9 points and 1.9 assists per game for Butler to take the top rebound spot on the team. Myles Tate has the top spot for assists with 2.6 per game, adding 7.9 points and 2.8 rebounds per outing.
- Bolden’s 2.9 made threes per game lead the Bulldogs.
- The Bulldogs’ leader in steals is Tate with 0.9 per game, and Nze is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found