The DePaul Blue Demons (3-10) are big, 11-point underdogs as they look to turn around a five-game losing streak when they visit the Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (14-8) on Saturday, February 20, 2021 at Carnesecca Arena. The contest airs at 7:30 PM ET on FS1. The point total is 148 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Saint John’s (NY)||-11||-110||-110||148||-109||-112||-713||483|
|DePaul (+11)||Under (148)||Saint John’s (NY) 77 DePaul 69|
- In 14 of 22 opportunities (63.6%) this season, the Red Storm and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s point total of 148 points.
- DePaul and its opponents have combined to score more than 148 points in three of 13 opportunities (23.1%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 145.2 points per game, 2.8 less points than the over/under of 148 set for this game.
- The Red Storm and the Blue Demons have seen their opponents average a combined 1.6 less points per game than the point total of 148 set in this game.
- The Red Storm average point total in outings this year is 156.7, 8.7 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average over/under in Blue Demons games this season is 13.1 fewer points than the point total of 148 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Red Storm record 80 points per game, 10.3 more points than the 69.7 the Blue Demons allow.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 13-5 overall and 12-0 against the spread when scoring more than 69.7 points.
- DePaul has a 1-2 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall in games when it gives up more than 80 points.
- The Blue Demons score an average of 65.2 points per game, 11.5 fewer points than the 76.7 the Red Storm give up to opponents.
- DePaul has put together a 2-1 overall record and a 3-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 76.7 points.
- Saint John’s (NY)’s record is 10-8 against the spread and 11-8 overall when it gives up more than 65.2 points.
- The Red Storm have out-scored their opponents by a total of 72 points this season (3.3 points per game on average), and opponents of the Blue Demons have out-scored them by 58 more points on the year (4.5 per game).
Saint John’s (NY) Betting Information
- Saint John’s (NY) is strong against the spread, going 13-8 this season.
- The Red Storm fare well when favored by at least 11 points, posting a 2-1 record against the spread.
- More often than not, Saint John’s (NY) and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 14 of 21 chances this season.
DePaul Betting Information
- DePaul has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 6-7 ATS.
- When they are at least 11-point underdogs, the Blue Demons have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- DePaul and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 2 of 13 (15.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/27/2021||Saint John’s (NY)||-1||152||-115||-105||Regular Season||81-68 STJOHN|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-66 STJOHN|
|1/11/2020||Saint John’s (NY)||-3.5||147||-175||+140||Regular Season||74-67 STJOHN|
|3/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-83 DEPAUL|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-71 DEPAUL|
Saint John’s (NY) Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Red Storm is Julian Champagnie, who averages 19.8 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Saint John’s (NY)’s best passer is Posh Alexander, who averages 4.5 assists per game to go with his 11.7 PPG scoring average.
- Champagnie contributes the bulk of the Red Storm’s three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.5 threes per game to lead the team.
- Alexander is the Red Storm leader in steals, averaging 2.6 steals per game, while Champagnie leads them in blocks with 1.2 per contest.
- The Blue Demons’ Charlie Moore puts up enough points (13.7 per game) and assists (4.1 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- Pauly Paulicap grabs 5.8 rebounds per game (he also scores 7.1 points per game and adds 0.0 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the DePaul rebounding leaderboard.
- Moore averages 1.7 three-pointers per game, the most on the Blue Demons.
- DePaul’s leader in steals is Javon Freeman-Liberty (1.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Nick Ongenda (1.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED